(Closed) August 22nd 2009

posted 9 years ago in August 2009
Post # 3
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

August 22 as well, whoop whoop!

We are having the ceremony outdoors at my Fiance familys house, then the reception will be held in a 3 story 20,000 sqf art gallery! so excited!

Our colors are, brown, gold and ivory with accents of green throughout (bridesmaid dresses, groom and Groomsmen are wearing kilts that have green in them….splashes of green all over)

Theme, well we don’t really have a thheme persay, were more or less just trying for simple elegance! the gold is a perfect touch for elegance we thought!

Post # 4
1266 posts
Bumble bee

Its exactly 3 months today August 22nd brides!!!!!

Post # 5
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Me too….me too!!!!  I’m having mine at a country club out in long island ny.  we will be having an outdoors ceremony, cocktail hour will be in a tent, and the reception will be held in the hall indoors. 

our colors are blue (like navy/cobalt), silver and white.  i cant really say we have a theme?  we are going for a modern, clean, chic look.  all our floral centerpieces will be in white and the room will be lit blue with white pinspot lighting.  we will have our monogram gobo on the dance floor. 

i pray for NO RAIN!!!!!!!!!

Post # 6
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Hey sjpaek – we have the same wedding date and colors!

I’m with you on the NO RAIN since my caremony and reception are both ourside. 

AHH 3 months!

Post # 7
903 posts
Busy bee

August 22 for me, too! We’re getting married outdoors, in the evening (we’re hoping that will cut down a bit on the Ohio August heat). We don’t really have a theme so much, but our main color is brown (for the bridesmaids) with sunflowers as the main flower. So I guess more natural looking.

Oh, and I just ordered my dress today!!! Eeeeeee! Yeah, that was a squeal of excitement there 😀

Post # 8
97 posts
Worker bee

I’m seeing the trend of August weddings outdoors!  Why did we all do this?  I’m so worried about the heat and rain!!  But if those things hold off it will be beautiful!

Post # 9
820 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

ONE MONTH ladies! How’s everyone doing???

Post # 10
97 posts
Worker bee

I got my one month left checklist today in my email!!!  Woo Hoo!!  I think I have all the essentials done!  Now it’s the small details that are left.  I feel like okay … if these things don’t get done the wedding will still happen.  As opposed to not have a tent b/c I forget to reserve one!

I just can’t wait for the actual wedding!  I met with our officiant the other day and we went over the main parts of the ceremony and just hearing the mock vows made me get a lump in my throat.  The wedding day will be crazy!

Post # 11
38 posts
Newbee

1 month!! lots to do

Post # 12
903 posts
Busy bee

TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!!

How are people doing? Stressing out yet? :-P.

So for all my fellow outdoor brides, have you been stressing at all about the weather? I just looked up long-range forecasts for my area and both suggested showers (though the one said just in the morning). I keep telling myself that it’s too early to accurately predict and even if it rains in the morning we’ll be fine by 6:30, but ick…a little stress there :-P.

Other than that, I haven’t stressed too much, though. Just plugging away at all those little details.

Post # 13
820 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I’m stressed out big time!! excited too though 🙂 I’m making my programs as we speak. I can’t believe how close it is, it’s NUTS. I’m stressing about the weather and I keep feeling like I’m going to forget or mess up something major! AHH! Also my makeup artist JUST BAILED ON ME! So, I spent yesterday trying to find one and I have a trial on Tuesday, Sooo not the last minute stress I need! 

Good luck with everything ladies! 

Post # 14
903 posts
Busy bee

I’ve decided that I can’t worry about the weather, because it’s crazy and unpredictable :-P. This morning it said showers/thunderstorms and 90 degrees that day…..and now it says sunny and 70 degrees (which sounds about perfect). Crazy.

And monalisa670, I’m definitely with you on stressing out that I’ll forget little details and then get all stressed trying to do them at the last minute (it doesn’t help that I’ve had several dreams about that :-P).

Post # 15
97 posts
Worker bee

I am so excited I can’t even stand it!!!!  I have most everything done … except for the stuf that can’t be done until the few days leading up to the wedding!!

But honestly … at this point i just can’t wait till the honeymoon!!  St. Lucia!!!  I just can’t wait to relax!

Post # 16
1266 posts
Bumble bee

whooo hoo!! 12 days, 12 DAYS!!

The topic ‘August 22nd 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors