(Closed) August 24, 2013

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 47
9129 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

I’M GETTING SICK.  Fuck fuck fuck.  Woke up this morning with a sore throat  πŸ™  I’ve been pounding water, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D, you name it…  At least this is good motivation to sleep a lot and not booze this week  πŸ™

Ladies, send healthy vibes my way, pretty please!

Post # 48
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m so nervous I could Puke lol not enough days left and it’s going so fast! I’m back and forth driving from city to city hrs away trying to get it all done while working up to the Thursday before thwe it day! Im also getting sick bit that might just be the nerves! I really hate being the centre of attention, terrified of the first dance with all them eyes! 

Everything is comi together, just need to find some more cash to feed these vendors ha! Off to beautiful at Lucia for a honeymoon escape the following day for some much deserved R & R 

wishing all my date twins an amazing day and neauriful marriage 

xo

Post # 49
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@TaurianDoll:  I’m glad you’re feeling better, doll. I will also be working out and then cleaning, giving myself a mani/pedi, and fixing my necklace and veil.

@lolot:  Healthy vibes for you, darling. Stay hydrated and get lots and lots of sleep. If you have a humidifier, sleep with that on. 

We’re down to the high 70s on Friday, yay!

Fiance finally got ahold of his dad, so they’re getting ready over there, and our photographer’s husband is hitting up the reception venue to take pictures before anyone is in there before meeting the boys (because they’re getting ready later than we are). I sincerely hope that FI’s brother’s wife doesn’t think she’s invited to that, but I’m sure she’ll show up anyway.

Two of FI’s coworkers gave us very generous gifts, which I thought was very, very sweet. He said that he thinks another coworker’s wife has something for us, too. Apparently, my cousin/BM sent gifts for my bridal shower, and I never got them. I did, however, get the rocking vacuum that she and her mom went in on. I busted it out last night and holy ffffff it’s amazing.

Post # 50
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

@Sminthy:  lol… BREATHE! It will be beautiful and you will be great. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 51
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

@vorpalette:  woo we’re at 83 and sunny for Sat w/ only a 10% chance of precipitation, which is amazing for us in VA bc it’s usually around 100 here in August! 

Post # 52
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@Chelwilly:  Yay! 

Fiance finally got ahold of his friend about borrowing his sound equipment, and friend says it’s not portable (after his wife offered to let us use it). Damn. Now our only options are to rent at the last minute or buy our own speaker.

Post # 53
2473 posts
Buzzing bee

@TaurianDoll:  Imma give you all some advice from someone who did it like…..4 days ago lol. I have to say I started sweating some stuff in the last days before, up until then I was pretty calm. Then I just had these nerves…not about marrying my Fiance but all the stuff, and it really got to me. My stomach got upset and I was (sorry TMI) “going to the bathroom”…shall we say for 2 days straight like…crazy! and it happened to my gf as well at hers….total nerve stomach.

Im just sayin this cause man I was coooool as a cucumber until the thursday…and bam, it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was going nuts trying to make my aisle/pew markers (which was draped tulle to rope off the pews), and my ceremony programs….. I stayed up until 2am one night and you know what??? I didnt even see them when I walked in the church. (by see I mean notice). If its not perfect trust me, YOUR NOT GOING TO NOTICE. As for my ceremony programs… I had my Bridesmaid or Best Man helping me the day bfr the reherseal and the evening of…and lets say some of them are not…”crafty” god bless them… lol and they turned out terrible lol….but you know what? I didnt care.

Most were glued askew and I thought wtf am I going to do, but in the end…. all I saw was people using them as fans (the purpose) and then all the kiddies were just ripping them up lol.

I know its easy to say just breathe and try to relax but I also know how hard it is and wanted to tell the next person who said that to me what they could do with their ________ lol.

All I can say is deligate deligate deligate!! My Bridesmaid or Best Man were great about asking “what can I do what do you need me to do”….. DELIGATE. Dont try to do everything yourself even though you wanna.

And I do advise you have some food ready after the cermeony/during pictures…we were RAVAGED… so Im very glad I went to superstore and ordered a bunch of trays of sandwiches…. our limo was basically silent after the first photo location because everyone was mowing down lol.

Post # 54
2473 posts
Buzzing bee

@vorpalette:  buy one and return it in a few days!!! πŸ˜‰

Post # 55
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@shanbp:  I think Fiance is going to buy one from work (it’s only $50) and then we might return it. They won’t care.

Post # 56
88 posts
Worker bee

Wow, three days and three hours. I had decided that I probably wouldn’t be emotional about the wedding just because there was so much going on I wouldn’t have time to be…then this morning I cried all the way to work. I’m just so overwhelmed with happiness for all of the people who love my Fiance, family and I so much and are making such a big deal over everything. The weather is great so far, and even if it doesn’t turn out great…who cares? I’m getting married!!!

I didn’t even like the Anchorman movies, but this fit so well right now…LOL!

That being said, this may be my last post as a single Bee! Seeing as this is my last day of work before the wedding and I really don’t get on the computer much other than work. That being said, I’ll see you ladies on the other side! πŸ˜€

Post # 57
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

@vorpalette:  we literally had to rent a speaker/sound system today as well; basically the exact same situation! 

Post # 59
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Ladies, guess what my dumbshit ass forgot? I didn’t count the centerpieces to make sure that I had enough. I was short one wine bottle and one votive holder. Fiance tried to tell me that it was okay, but they’re for the bridesmaid/groomsman tables and those are already short the table numbers. It was NOT going to be okay just with a runner and two votive holders or a runner, one wine bottle, and one votive holder. Argggghghghghghgh. THANKFULLY, my wonderful Fiance cleaned off a spare wine bottle that we had and I stopped and grabbed one of the very last votive holders that the dollar store had. I’m working on painting them now.

Got our flowers done. Fifty Flowers was so so, but we had enough. FMIL’s florist friend did them for us, and they look amazing, exactly what I wanted. I brought some pictures, but she basically just grabbed flowers and put them together like magic. 

And it looks like it’s going to stop raining JUST in time for our rehearsal. 

Post # 60
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Congratulations in advance, ladies!! I hope you have the most beautiful, amazing wedding days! πŸ˜€

The topic ‘August 24, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors