(Closed) August 26, 2012 Brides!

posted 7 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My wedding is August 26 also! So far, I have my dress orderd, the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered, photographer, band, and just ordered flowers today. My venue does the catering, so that’s taken care of. We may go cake tasting tomorrow. We know which bakery we’re going to, she does amazing work, has done cakes for various parties in the past and they’re the most delicious and beautiful cakes I have ever seen. It’s still a bit early for the cake, she only needs about a month notice for weddng cakes, but my schedule is a bit ridiculous and I’m semi long distance planning.

The last thing I have to do is the rabbi. I’m having a bit of a hard time finding a Russian/English rabbi, but my band leader gave me the name of someone he knows so I’ll call them tomorrow.

Post # 4
64 posts
Worker bee

Hey, I am an August 26, 2012 bride too! Finally, I always thought I was the only one.

So far I have my dress(es) and the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ready. The guys’ attires have all been taken care off. Booked hair stylist and makeup artists. Ceremony site and reception site were both booked last  year. 
We ordered wedding cake two weeks ago and so as flowers. Will have two different florists due to the fact that I really love the work of a home based florist and the great deal that I got by using a groupon.
We have also booked the officiant and hired the MC. DJ is SO’s family friend but I am really iffy about this and as a matter of fact, for my ceremony, I will not be having the DJ to play music, instead, I am planning to hire a harpist. I will meet with the harpist this coming weekend and hopefully everything will work out. 
We got a referral from our bestman in terms of the photographer. I am very happy with his work and got a VERY good deal from him. 😀

Only thing that is bothering me now is the invitation. Due to spelling errors, we will need to re-print them….:(
And I still need to call the print shop…..I have been waiting for her email for two days in a row… 

Post # 6
64 posts
Worker bee

I hired the harpist today! Very happy with my “purchase”

Post # 7
20 posts
Newbee

Hi! I am one as well!

I’m a wedding photographer so I’ve got the industry down and may be more ahead than most.

Venue, caterer, photographer, coordinator, invitation design is all done.

Cake, alcohol, premarital counseling, dress, bridal party attire is done. I have my ring. 

Officiant found

Music done.

Tables will be full of vintage pieces. Been hunting that stuff down the past 5 months. About halfway there for centerpieces (market florals day before) and vintage china plates are about 75% there.

How do you feel about attendance for a Sunday evening? Ours is in the evening and 1.5 hours away.

Post # 8
485 posts
Helper bee

Just found the “month twins” tab on top, after a few months on the bee.  Not the most observant bride here! Just wanted to say hello to my fellow Sunday brides!

All that’s left is the wedding bands, cake, and waiting for the dress to come in and doing alterations.  I’ll probably come up with little DIY things here and there, but it’s all just extras.  I’m set to go!  FI, on the other hand, has no idea what he’s going to wear and keeps saying, “I’ll come up with something”.  MEN!  lol  It’s a casual wedding so I’m not toooo concerned.  (Maybe a bit.)

As for attendance, I’m hoping we’ve picked a good time for everyone: 3-7 pm. Late enough to get some evening light, early enough to get everyone home at a reasonable hour to work the next day.  I’m more concerned about the heat!

Post # 9
1437 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Wow i have so much to do!!! We just decided our wedding date last week. lol so its going to be a rush to complete everything. & to top it off our wedding is in Chicago & we live in GA (my family lives up there) we are planning the whole thing through my grandma & my aunt. I’m nervous. lol

I still have to get him a ring

we have to figure out what FI is going to wear

FOOD! ugh i have no idea what we are doing.

My cousin is making my cake so i have to talk cakes with her.

Ceremony site is still being talked about.

I really want a DJ, but it looks like im stuck with an Ipod…bummer!

There is so much to do yet i feel helpless because I’m 800 miles away from my venue.

The topic ‘August 26, 2012 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors