(Closed) August 28, 2010

posted 9 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010 - Ocean View Villas/Jasmine Seafood Restaurant

Kara321, the Fiance and I just set our date a week ago. We’re a week before you August 21, 2010. I’m super excited too! We’re also spending the extra time slowly working on a website, saving money, and the like. We’re both in grad school so we have the added stress of trying to graduate before getting married. I’m glad to know we’re not crazy for setting a date so far away! Congratulations!

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hi Kara321, we have also set our date for August 28, 2010!  It feels more official having a date!  We are definitely taking our time to pick out the church, reception hall, and photographer.  I’m glad I don’t have to stress and can just take my time.  Good luck with all the saving and planning!  I would recommend paying all deposits on a credit card- I read in the newspaper today about businesses going under (reception halls) and people having trouble getting their money back.  The article also suggested negotiating deposits..it could be a way to stretch the dollar ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We considered that date but its when the college kids move back into town, which means lots of people in the area of where all the hotels are moving stuff around and at all the restaurants. We opted for a day in September instead that does not conflict with any university events!

An August wedding would be beautiful though!

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

@kara321

Wow! We sound a lot alike!  I have a spreadsheet for everything you could imagine, a 2" binder completely full already with vendor info, and I could go on and on!  I’ve had some people wanting me to make the date earlier, and then others who think I should have more done by this point or decided on!  It’s kind of funny and I try not to let any of it get to me…I realize weddings are one of the most happy events that a person gets to plan and celebrate and with that everyone has their own idea of how it all goes down.  Like you I hope I can plan this wedding stress free with all this time I have ๐Ÿ˜‰ wishful thinking!

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

kara321 – my date is Aug 21, 2010.  I created a "white binder" with everything from a pic of my engagement ring to diy envelope templates shortly after I got engaged last year.  My friends and family do laugh about it but they are very supportive.  I’m also hoping for a stress free wedding as a result of my early planning but I work in the hospitality industry and I know that anything can happen !

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey Kara!  I just set my date yesterday on August 28, 2010!  Yay!  We are doing a small destination wedding in Maui so we wanted to make sure that everyone has ample time to set up and arrange for time off to come.  It is a great feeling to finally have a date though!!!  It is neat to be able to share this with someone (or lots of people apparently) who have the same wedding date!!!  I guess it does feel like forever away but I think I habe a lot to do between now and then, especially save!  What kind of wedding are you thinking about having???  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
2324 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Kara~

We just set our date for August 28th, only it’s a vow renewal, not a "wedding" Our anniversary is actually the 30th, so we just picked the date closest to there. I am super excited and talked to my contact at our venue last night. I’m meeting with my favorite photographer this week sometime! 

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee

Hi Everyone!

It’s official as of yesterday!  8.28.10 in Chatham, Massachusetts!  Surprisingly it doesn’t seem like I had that much advance planning, considering my venue had exactly one Saturday evening available for all of summer 2010.  I’m on vacation now (I got engaged last Wednesday), but I’m hoping to complete my WB bio and get a website up and running in the next two weeks.  Speaking of which, does anyone have any specific wedding website recommendations??  Our venue will be a destination for most, so I need to be able to provide a lot of information to guests on the area/accommodations/etc on the website.

Thanks and congrats to all!

Post # 12
38 posts
Newbee

We just set our date for 8/28/10 this week… so very excited to have the venue booked!  We’re having a Cape Cod wedding too – in Falmouth!

Carabelle, are you local or doing a destination wedding? If you need any local info I’d be happy to help!

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee

Thanks kbowen!  I grew up on the South Shore of Massachusetts, but currently live in D.C., so I’m somewhat familiar with Chatham/the Cape.  We’re having our ceremony and reception at the Chatham Bars Inn, so if you have any lower cost recommendations for accomodations, I would love to hear them!

Thanks and congrats to all!!

Post # 14
15 posts
Newbee

We are getting married 8/28/10 too!!! And yes, it seems like FOREVER and a day! We started at 16 months and I really can’t believe that it is in 11 months and three and a half weeks, it has gone by really fast. When I tell people how many DIY projects I have they think I’m crazy, but I explain that I have to have things to keep me busy or I will go crazy just waiting! Good luck on the countdown girls!

Post # 15
47 posts
Newbee

Hey all,

We just booked our venue yesterday as well!  Did anyone else find that to be a little overwhelming?  I’m the first to admit that I’m a terrible planner (i buy airplane tickets the day of my flights in case “something comes up.”), but I thought that nailing down the date and venue would let me relax. 

Nope.

Now I’m freaking out about blocking hotel rooms (we are also getting married down the Cape, and all you Cape ladies know what summer on the Cape can be like) and caterers.  Am I being crazy or do I really need to decide all of this stuff this week?

Anyone have any advice?

Post # 16
153 posts
Blushing bee

Hi all! Just wanted to join in because I’m officially a 8/28/10 bride as well. Hope everyone’s planning is going well. It’s pretty overwhelming but once we got the date and venue settled, it is starting to be a lot of fun. Good luck with it all!

The topic ‘August 28, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors