(Closed) August 29, 2009

posted 10 years ago in August 2009
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee

I am a 8/29/09 Bride!  In Northern NJ.  Currently working on getting the STD’s out…

Post # 4
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2018

I am a Pittsburgh, PA 8.29.09 bride.  My colors are espresso, burnt orange and ivory. 

Post # 5
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I’m 8/29/09 in Seattle! My colors are mint green and bright pink and I chose this date because it’s close to when we met and it’s a beautiful time of year to get married, honeymoon, and celebrate our anniversary.

Post # 6
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

8.29.09 bride in Southern California.  My colors are gold, ivory, chocolate brown and orange.  I’ve hired most of my vendors, ordered my wedding dress and am about 4 days for dropping our save the dates in the mail.  I think I have the big decisions made, now I need to focus on all the details.  Anyone have unique ideas about favors?

Post # 7
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Yay! I’m so excited to see so many date twins. I’m 8.29.09 in Madison, WI. Our colors are royal blue, ivory, and gold. We sent out the save-the-dates back at the end of November because both of our families and the majority of our friends will be traveling from out-of-state.

We chose the date because I am in grad school full-time and the weekend of 8.29 falls right in the middle of my only two week break for the next 3 years. Since I knew I would be starting school full-time, I did most of planning last summer, so, I have all vendors booked, centerpieces, invitations, and all dresses picked out. All I really have left is assembly and choosing entrees. I couldn’t be more excited about the time of year, as well, though! August in Wisconsin is beautiful!

As far as unique favor ideas – do you have a theme? Because we have a lot of people coming from out-of-state, we are planning to do some welcome baskets with Wisconsin-themed things, like local wine, cheese, and other regional items. 

I don’t know if anyone else is considering this, but Mr. Isthmus and I decided to forego a wedding cake and we are instead doing a cheesecake and pie buffet. We’re focusing our choices around the seasonal fruits and ours/family’s favorite flavors. 

Post # 8
38 posts
Newbee

I don’t really have a specific theme, but our venue has a spanish influence and I am cuban.  I have a couple of ideas, like mojito mix or cigars.  I would like something unique and guest friendly.

Post # 9
33 posts
Newbee

Yea! Date twins! I live in Texas and our wedding will be outside so it will be HOT!  But I have always wanted an outdoor wedding so we will just provide fans.  My colors are burnt orange and cream.  I have my dress and my bridesmaid’s dresses in my hands already.  We have the venue, which also provides catering and decor.  My next big project are the DIY invitations! Wish me luck!!

Post # 10
22 posts
Newbee

Another 08.29.09 bride (in Ontario) with orange in the wedding here!  Our colours will be navy blue, orange and white.

FutureShools: I am having the same favour issue – I keep on thinking of great fall-inspired favours, but it is a little early to be handing out apple butter, fall planting bulbs, etc. 

So far, we have sent out our Save-The-Date Cards (hotels were already booking up), we have a venue, photographer, I have a dress….but I need a caterer!  I am procrastinating because it seems like such a big investment for something I won’t be able to see/taste for another 7 months.  Anybody else feeling like they have already fallen behind on the planning checklist?

Post # 11
7 posts
Newbee

Hello date twins!  8/29/09 bride here outside of Philadelphia.  Our colors are teal, raspberry, and purple.  We will be having some peacock & paisley influences throughout the decor.  Just sent out the save-the-dates, so I’m a little behind… but slowly things are coming along 🙂

Happy planning!!!!

Post # 12
193 posts
Blushing bee

My August 29th wedding will be in Ashburn, Virginia. My colors are deep purple, hot pink and touches of teal. I’ve done the majoring of the planning on my own, and will be hiring a month of wedding coordinator to make sure everything goes smoothly on my wedding day. Only have a few things left to do, and then I’m hoping to have a somewhat relaxing summer. Good luck 8/29 girls!

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee

I’m an August 29th bride too.  Our colors are green and ivory.  We’re getting married on a lake in Iowa. 

Post # 14
22 posts
Newbee

August 29!! Awesome choice ladies, if I do say so myself. Michigan bride here. Our colors are pool and raspberry, which are two of my favorite colors so I am pumped! I have my dress (it’s hanging in a spare bedroom closet..I visit it daily), we have our locations, our vendors, and sent out the save the dates…now all that’s left are the millions of tiny details that are left up to me. Unfortunately, I am an indecisive procrastinator, and I can’t seem to make any decisions for the life of me! I am dying to do a candy buffet for the reception but I keep hesitating because I think it will be close to $500…and so I don’t know…but I really want it. And we are close to booking our honeymoon too! We are thinking Niagara Falls for a few days, then will either go to Canada or travel back to Michigan and do a few fun cities here. I can’t wait to be married!!!

Happy planning everyone!

Post # 15
193 posts
Blushing bee

Only 4 months to go till our wedding day… I know you all must be as excited as I am! Hope you all aren’t stressing too much and getting everything done. Try to enjoy your summer. 🙂

Post # 16
141 posts
Blushing bee

Hi girls! I’m kind of new to Weddingbee, and I’m August 29 too! I live in New Mexico and am getting married in Colorado. The only problem with this time of year in our neck of the woods is that it often rains for a couple hours in the afternoon and our wedding is outside (we have a tent, but still…)–Keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather!

Happy planning, all!

The topic ‘August 29, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors