(Closed) August 7, 2010

posted 9 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m August 7th too! We’ve booked the venue for our ceremony & reception and a photographer. I haven’t tried on a dress yet though, I’m waiting until school dies down a bit at the end of the summer. Have you planned anything so far? ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 4
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Ah I am getting married August 7th, but this year! It will be my one year anniversary on your wedding day. Hard to visualize at this point.

Post # 6
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m 8/14/10 – I’ve bought my dress at a sample sale just happened to go to see what is was all about and it was perfect.  I bought my favors b/c I got a really good deal on them and a % goes back to charity.  I also bought my shoes.  I also have the ceremony & reception reserved.  I tend to be a little Obsessive Compulsive when it comes to event planning…I think it helps if you have a vision of what you want and work towards it.

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee

I just bought my dress this week, I had no intention of getting it so early though. My fiance and I were planning a shopping trip across the border to Michigan and the Macy’s we were going to had the dress I have been lusting over. ๐Ÿ™‚ I tried it on and bought it, It’s a Judd Wadell ballgown from the spring 2009 line. So cliche but true, when you find your dress, you’ll know. 

Post # 8
16 posts
Newbee

I’m 8/7/10, too! I booked the venue for ceremony and reception. I went to one tasting with a caterer and am planning to go to 2 more in the coming month. It’s a good time for us brides-to-be because a lot of vendors are more negotiable with the down economy. Also, if we book way in advance, they may give a discount! Start planning, hehe!

Post # 9
326 posts
Helper bee

Yay August 7! We’ve booked the church, need to put down the deposit with the reception venue this week and we’ve interviewed 1 photographer. I’ve tried on a couple dresses, mostly whenever my sister is in town, and we know the general style that looks best on me (which isn’t what I expected!). Other than that, I’ve done some flower prelims (paper flower bouquets–one of my BMs is crazy allergic too) and some invite ideas. It’s nice to hear that a lot of other 8-7-10 brides don’t have much concrete planning done either. I thought I was crazy behind! ^_^

Post # 10
92 posts
Worker bee

Yay for August 7th 2010! I got engaged in the end of May and we’ve done venue, rabbi, photographer & band. I wanted to get big stuff out of the way and now I can kick up my feet a bit. I live in London though and am planning a wedding in Cleveland (I’m from Ohio) so everything is being planned from afar and really tricky! My parents have been great, but I really want to do the details myself. I’m planning a few trips home for things like the dress, but the first one isn’t until November (a bit late for dress!), so I’m trying to get as much done before that as possible!

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee

YEAAA August 7th here too.  I can’t believe how fast we are all reaching the 1 year mark.

I have booked the ceremony and reception site.  I have my caterer, made my Save-The-Date Cards and bought my invites.  I have my dress narrowed down to 2 options but haven’t made a final decision.  1 I love more than the other but it doesn’t come in the color I love and the other which comes in the right color and a much better price.

I know what I am using for flowers, we have picked out Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses but not ordered them yet

Post # 12
57 posts
Worker bee

8/7/10!!! I am so excited that we are FINALLY approaching the one year mark…I got engaged at the end of March and can’t wait to officially kick off a one year countdown ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus, it will help my sweetie feel as if we can really start talking details. So far we have booked our church, including our favorite priest, the reception venue, photographer, dj and entertainment, and I have found a dress that I really love but have not officially pulled the trigger on yet. I am afraid to buy it too early and run into another dress that I love more. Next I will be working on save the date cards, gathering materials for DIY projects like our birdcage and thank you notes for showers, wedding, etc. I also would love to get some ideas on gifts for our bridal party…it is things like this that can be dealt with now to avoid stress when it gets closer to next summer! Good luck fellow 8/7/10 brides!

Post # 13
271 posts
Helper bee

I’m August 1, 2010!!

We’ve done quite a bit of planning I suppose, I was consulting my Real Simple guide book last night and I think I’m on target for 12 months!  We booked our ceremony/reception site, our DJ and photographer!  The only thing we are missing at this point is our officiant, which we will be booking in the next month or two…

We have also found the invites and STD’s we plan on sending…and I’m working on some DIY decos…but thats only because I will be doing grad courses this winter and want to get some stuff underway early!

Congrats to everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ Yay!!

Post # 14
124 posts
Blushing bee

YAY finally some August 7th brides! I wasn’t sure if there was a thread for this already. We booked our date 2 weeks ago and are visiting photogs, florist, and entertainment next weekend. It’s funny because all of our appointments will be on this coming August 7th so exactly a year from the wedding lol.

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

8/7/2010…

I can’t believe we actually set a date. I have gotten thousands of ideas and now I can’t wait to put them in action. I am a huge DIY person so I can’t wait to see what my mind comes up with. It took us a forever to pick a date that would work for us and I can’t wait… YAY

So I’ve fallen into the DAMASK Trap. My colors are Black and White Damask with hints of Canary Yellow…

Post # 16
37 posts
Newbee

Yess!!!

I just booked my venue yesterday for August 7, 2010 in Ireland!!

A year from tommorrow! Oh My.

The topic ‘August 7, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors