(Closed) August 8, 2009 Brides!

posted 10 years ago in August 2009
Post # 3
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I’m an August 8th bride too!!  How fun!  We have our church, reception site (includes catering), photographer, florist, dj, bridesmaid dresses, and my dress – I would say we are pretty far along.  This is not because I am insanely organized – mostly it is because my sister just got married in November and I could steal a number of her vendors.  I am trying to find invitations right now as well.  Also, I am looking forward to a couple of things coming up – our food and cake tastings!

We have not designed our ceremony yet – we are having a Catholic wedding and need to pick readings, readers, and music.  I have hardly began to think about certain details (placecards, where to seat people for dinner, etc.)  We have no idea what we want to do for our first dance.

Post # 5
54 posts
Worker bee

My Mom is so type A, which is actually a huge help in planning a wedding…believe me, if I had to do this all on my own I probably would not have done all that much!

Post # 6
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I am also an 08-08-09 bride.  I have the chapel, the reception venue, the caterer, the photographer, the florist, the reception musicians (still working on part of the ceremony music), and the dresses.  I have already sent out the Save-The-Date Cards (because while I am getting married in the States, everyone on the guest list will be traveling).  I am tackling the invitations next and am taking a planning trip out next month to meet with the DOC and the caterer.  Wedding planning is my happy distraction from studying.

Post # 8
1032 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Girls!

I am an 8-8 bride too!

We have the BEST date!  What a great anniversary to have 🙂

Looks like we are all on the same page right now..or close too it

I have booked:

Reception Hall, Chapel, Photographer, Hair & Makeup, Catering, DJ, and Officiant

I have also ordered my dress and the bridesmaid dresses. I sent out the save the dates

I bought my invitations at Target last night. At GREAT kit called Letter Impress. I am planning to start making invitation liners and belly bands to fancy them up.

Post # 9
60 posts
Worker bee

Anyone else love our date? We didn’t choose it for it’s repetition but I find it so fun to say to people that I’m getting married on eight eight oh nine!

Post # 10
291 posts
Helper bee

hooray for august 8! i’m going to visit my Maid/Matron of Honor next week and we’ll be getting a bunch of wedding planning out of the way together, i’m very excited =)

so far i have this done: ceremony/reception venues (food from venue), dress, bridal accessories, jewelry, shoes, florist, cake, Save-The-Date Cards, some decor, photobooth, hair/makeup, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, officiant, DOC, photographer, groom/GM attire, registries, hotel block

currently working on: invitations (design is almost set and will be going to press by the beginning of april), Rehearsal Dinner location, videography, ceremony musicians, getaway car, general details for ceremony/reception items/paper products, chair and linen rentals

i’ve also scheduled a bunch of DIY projects to start a couple months from now…i have SO many it’d be too much to list, lol…i’m kind of nervous =P!

Post # 11
54 posts
Worker bee

How are all the Aug 8th brides doing? We aer 39 days away! 

Post # 12
558 posts
Busy bee

39 days and counting! Just finishing up DIY projects and such… I feel like it’s all downhill from here! But I’ll probably change my mind about that tomorrow. 🙂

Post # 13
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I’m feeling a little overwhelmed at everything that I still need to do!  And my bar exam is in 3 weeks, so that is kind of scary too.  But, on the other hand, I’m so excited for the wedding and our honeymoon! 

Still have a cake tasting this week, and then I need to pick ceremony music, our first dance song, do the programs, get the out of town bags together, and find a rehearsal dinner caterer!  Oh, and get my dress altered . . . b/c the lady I originally hired turned out to be a total flake!!!  Ahhh!

Hope you’re all doing great!   

Post # 14
209 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe it’s about a month away. I’ve been trying not to freak out at the million and one things to do, but luckily Fiance is off for summer vacation and is in charge of getting a lot of things done. We even made color coded to do lists and handled a bunch of things over the long weekend. I also gave up on a lot of DIY things because now there’s just not enough time to DIY every single thing.

The topic ‘August 8, 2009 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors