Post # 1
I have no intro. I’m just gonna vent:
1. Details – I have this fear that all of the vintage inspired, romantic, unique and beautiful details that I’ve chosen (wishing tree, cork place card holders, beautiful flowers, variation in centerpieces) will look disjointed and out of place. I hate that I don’t know what the details will look like until the day of the wedding.
2. RSVPs – I’ve said it before and I’mma say it again. WTH did some people BUG the CRAP out of us for invitations and are now sitting on the invitation? One person said “oh well I’m in school right now and I haven’t even looked at the invitation but I got it a couple of weeks ago.” What is your life about…seriously, you can’t take 2 minutes to deal with it? I know our RSVP date isn’t until July but still… wth, why.
3. ONE of my bridesmaids…sigh – I have 2 bridesmaids that I have named as matron of honor and maid of honor, so I guess I technically don’t have bridesmaids? Anyway… the maid of honor has always been all over the place and nothing ever works out right in her life. She has been struggling to work for herself as an attorney, is always broke, and never has a place to live. She always lives with other people or on someone else’s dime (her parents paid for her apt at one point, then she married a guy and she lived with him). Well now she’s getting a divorce and moved out but things are still shaky. So I asked her about getting her alterations and she’s like “well I don’t know when I will have the money.” But she’s always chasing down some pyramid marketing group and going to their conferences but can’t find $100 to pay for the rest of her dress and alterations. I’m over it. I drank half a bottle of wine last night to forget about it…if only for a few hours.
4. DIY – Mom wants us to DIY more things and I’m not into it. She likes the challenge. Money isn’t an issue. She just likes to have things to do… I’m over it.
What’s going on with you? Feel free to let it out.
Post # 3
Mine is pretty simple, I am completely goddamn tired of the wedding and everything having to do with it.
JUST WANT IT TO BE HERE ALREADY AND SKIP THE NEXT 6 WEEKS.
Post # 4
I had my first meltdown at work yesterday. It was slightly embarassing but thank goodness I work in a small office. I don’t usually let things bother me but everything went wrong yesterday and I just couldn’t stop it.
1. We were shooting for about 200 people for dinner but invited 250-275 based on my parents statements “My cousins (who live 5-6 hours away) won’t go but they need to be invited. We have been invited to everything for their kids.” Why are they now RSVPing yes?!! This has happend with 4 cousins so far. It seems like they all want to make long weekends of my wedding. It’s my fault banking on them not coming. I knew there was always a chance.
2. My bridal shower is tomorrow and everybody is wanting everything from me this week. Pick out games you want to play, what do you think of these centerpieces, do you have tissue paper for the gifts, how many people are going (no one else thought to keep track of how many invitations went out and who can’t make it but me?), are we gonna have enough food, etc. I DON’T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE SHOWER! YOU TAKE CARE OF IT!
3. My dad calls me yesterday and one of his cousins that were invited are bringing three extra people. First, this was a cousin that I was assured would not come. Second, only the cousin and her husband were invited and listed on the invitation. They tell my dad that they WILL be coming and so are their two grown daughters and the one’s husband, but it’s okay because he already told them to “grease” the cards and make it worth it. That’s not the point! and I am told to let it go because saying something would cause a rift in the family.
4. I get a message from my Future Mother-In-Law yesterday morning telling me that about 25 more people will not be at my shower (not that big of a deal) but then I need to add FI’s stepdad’s aunt and uncle who will be in town at their cabin at the same time as our wedding. Our guest list is already out of control and you want me to add someone else! I told Fiance that it is his mother and he needs to take care of it.
I had all of this building and then I was yelled at by a client at work yesterday and the flood gates opened and would’t stop. I’m not a crier in public and can usually handle things like that but I broke. I know in the grand scheme of things all of this really isn’t that important but damn it felt good to vent! No one else gets it except other brides going through the same thing.
Thanks for this!
Post # 5
@BulldogBride: My Maid/Matron of Honor told me it’s almost imperative to have a really good cry at some point during wedding planning so mark that off your to-do list 🙂
And smile at the fact that one year from today, you won’t be dealing with any of this.
Post # 6
@TaurianDoll: Yay! I love crossing things off my to do list 😉 I cannot wait to just be married and back to normal. Only 64 more days. We still have about 70 RSVPs out there, I can only imagine what’s in store for me on those. I may have to come back to this post and vent again. lol
Post # 7
@lotto: Haha, my thoughts exactly.
Post # 8
No! I will not be getting paper plates and cups in order to hire a florist. In all, cups and plates cost me about $30 to rent. I am fine with this. Also, a florist is much, much more than $30, so… I’m making my own bouquet. I am also fine with this. My test bouquet turned out very nice, and it was my first one and only cost $12.
Post # 9
I AM GETTING MARRIED IN SCOTLAND AND WE DON’T HAVE PLANE TICKETS YET!!!!!! EVERYONE IS GOING TO MY WEDDING BUT THE BRIDE AND GROOM!!!!! WE WILL HAVE TO BE SKYPED IN TO THE CEREMONY!!!!!!!!
wheww… I feel better now 🙂
Post # 10
- Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat
I just find that my patience with people is waning! When my maid of honour asked me “what is your date again?” I almost flipped on her. The mean lady in my head kind of wanted to kick her in the shins. Okay, not kind of, she did want to. A lot.
I am sick to death of looking for decor ideas only to be indundated with “vintage chic” at every turn.
Lastly, I miss my paycheques. I want to go on a big shopping spree instead of paying inflated prices for table wine.
I am just so ready to be done with all of this and be his wife… and be on our honeymoon!
Post # 11
it think it just easier to elope…. everybody wants updates, and when are you gonna do this or do that… the latest one is…. you don’t have a dress yet and you are getting married in October? NO I DON’T…. BUT MIND YOUR BUSINESS..
not worried about the invite piece because we are having a really small wedding… no more than a 100 people… are venue only holds 125, so if you show up and you arent on the list… NOT GETTING IN.
HAVE NO FLOWERS… don’t want any and WHY DO I NEED A REHEARSAL DINNER AGAIN?
OVER IT… but i love my man and can’t wait to be Mrs… Rant over!
Post # 12
Ugh I hear you ladies!
My Mom is being childish, I’m starting to seriously dislike the majority of my DIY, I still don’t have my shoes or accessories picked out and so many people who invited themselves (through our parents, etc) to our wedding haven’t even sent back their RSVP cards. I know there’s like month left to turn them it, but I expected a lot right off the bat (people who can’t or won’t travel, people who know in advance they have other plans, people who i thought were mainly adefinitive yes also not responding, etc.) I have no idea how many people to expect because so many are iffy.
phew, that feels better, thank you for this thread!
Post # 13
@sherryberry: I hear you on the decor. I want to rip my hair out sometimes because not everyone wants mason jars, lace, and burlap. Your maid of honor forgot your date? We are 63 days out and she needed to be reminded of your date? I would have kicked her in her shins too. Hard.
When the stress gets to me it takes all I have to not look at Fiance and say “you wanted this big wedding.” When we started talking about how we wanted to get married he said it would be nice to have our family there, I was hoping to go away but a little piece of me wanted a wedding too. Okay, wedding it is! Here we are (I am) planning a catholic wedding mass, (I didn’t grow up catholic so that’s been a trip) for 250 people and I’m glad I still have my hair. Going away looks pretty nice right about now. I’m just kind of over the whole thing…
Post # 14
@lotto: This times a millionnnnn. I’m sick of working and lesson planning, I love my students but I just feel SO impatient to get my vacation and go! My motivation is terrible right now.
Post # 15
- Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat
I got 50 mason jars wrapped in burlap for free, so I WILL be using them.
When Fiance says “we did this, we did that” it takes all I have not to get pissy. WE did not spend Saturday morning on the phone with the venue. YOU were sleeping in and I was on the phone with the casual worker who has no clue how to use the booking system.
Oh, you know what I really love? We’re having a friend be our officiant, and the non-profit she is going through has charged us $90 more than a regular provincial officiant would! We got pwned on that one.
But, in 2 months it will be over, and maybe in time, we will miss planning 😉
On that note, time to go and meet my mom to buy veil supplies. LOL
Post # 16
@sherryberry: HAHAHA…my Fiance has been sleeping or playing games on his phone a lot while I plan as well. Last night he said, “I need to stop talking about what I don’t want…I’ve said that Moore than what I do.”
Yesterday I booked my hair trial and style. II am going to hforgiven rive to the salon to get my hair done at 8:00am the morning of the wedding. The salon owner kept asking me if I “had plans” the night of the hair trial as it was going to cost $89. I told her several times that I could make plans, but it seemed I needed to prove I had tickets to the opera in order to get her to book the appointment. She said bring pictures of what I want. It’s been hard for me to personally relate to the jailbait-supermodel hair photos I’ve seen on Pinterest. Silly me thought the hair would cost no more than $100, not $178–my hair is fine, thin, straight and I have a high forehead. The options are limited.
Finally, my technologically-savvy father and sister seem to be unable to find the left navigation menu item titled, “Registry” on our wedding website, with the quite-forgettable address of http://www.[groom first name]and[bride first name].com and asked my oldest sister what we wanted as gifts. She was floored enough to leave me a voicemail about it. Now I’m convinced that we’re going to receive a bunch of useless double-heart emblazoned crap we don’t have room for.