Post # 1
I just had a panic attack when I realized I’m days away from 4 months til the big day! I still have sooooo much to do! All stationary, still working on decor and MANY do-it-yourself decor projects, need the cake, song list, I still don’t even know the timeline, booking the ceremony musician (eek, am I going to be able to find one available???), picking out men’s tuxes, planning rehersal dinner, booking a florist, figuring out favors, hairstyles, makeup, day of set up and take down, music for ceremony AND reception, vows, what we’ll be doing during the ceremony, flowergirl dress….
Holy cow I feel like I’ve been eating, sleeping, and BREATHING wedding. Now I’m wondering what the h*$# I’ve been doing!
What do you have left on your To-Do list? Am I majorly behind or just freaking out uneccessarily?
Post # 3
Both fiance and I woke up this morning and panicked so you are NOT alone!!
My list….uh, everything. And it needed to be done last week. O_o
Post # 4
My to-do list is pretty much the same as yours, except the stationary. Here’s what we still need:
-florist (we found her, I just have to send the check)
-cake (we probably won’t work on this until this semester of grad school is over, though)
-tuxes, ties, socks, etc. for the dudes
-ceremony (yeah, that’s a big one!)
-get his wedding band, and get mine resized (again)
-timeline for day-of
-find someone to do hair and makeup
-book and go to Pre-Cana
-meet with priest
-reserve a block of hotel rooms
-get my wedding dress hemmed
-some more decorations stuff
oy vey. thankfully, i’ll have the summer off from school so i can devote a lot of time then to all this stuff.
Post # 5
at this point, we’re basically down to small details and things that i can only do when i get back home this summer (like tastings):
– cake tasting and design (we’re having like 12 cakes – so we need to design each)
– dinner tasting and decisions
– following dinner tasting, we need to send our menu to our stationers so they can make the menu
– I need to get a rough draft of the programs
– fitting and other dress related things (probably won’t do that until late july-early august)
– get clothes for shower and shoes for rehearsal dinner
– give tux info to the guys
I think that’s about it. everything else is finished!
Post # 6
My to-do list is doing alot better now here it is:
– florist (we found them, just have to go pick the flowers but my Future Mother-In-Law is doing all that)
– cake (we go to meet with her tonight she’s a family friend)
– select more music no big rush thought
– Meet with the minister and get all the details for the ceremony.
– figure a timeline out for the day-of
– Find a hair and make-up artist
– book vegas trip
– engagement pictures
– wedding dress alterations
– make all DIY stuff i.e. Seating chart, Centerpieces and favours.
– Start on the invitations!
Post # 7
Most of what I wanted to do in March hasn’t been done yet (where did March go!!?) Soooo this is what I absolutely want to have done by end of April:
-finalize guest list
Post # 8
-buy wedding bands
-makeup/hair trial (booked for May)
-finalize songs for music
-Find something to put in BM’s updos
-my DIY flats
Post # 9
Under 4 months bees!
Right, let’s see…
-Passports asap (constantly forgetting to get them sorted!)
-Need to book hairdresser (no clue what I’m doing with the hair)
-Decide on drinks
-Buy Bridal undies
I think that’s it, although I feel like I’m forgetting something…
Post # 10
Scary! Just made up my to-do list yesterday for now until the wedding; Mostly little things but still a lot to do!! …
Invitations! (I have them designed, just need to figure out printing, then address, etc.)
Miniature bride dress and flower girl dresses
Ring bearer sign
My accessories – shoes, jewelry, hair piece
Bridesmaid shoes and accessories (gifts)
Card box Sign
Programs and extra print items (thank you cards for each place)
Reception accessories – white doilies, striped paper straws, photos for photo wall, photobooth extras, etc.
Ceremony write-up and song choices; ask readers (friend and sister-in-law)
Order flowers (online) and pick up necessities – floral tape, wire, cutters, etc.
Add more to registry
Post # 11
Every night I have a nightmare that my dress doesnt fit. (It doesn’t – I ordered it 2 sizes too small).
Therefore, this month will be spent exercising like mad.
The rest can wait.
Post # 12
We’re down to mostly small things & details from here out:
- Book ceremony musicians
- Reserve parking lot for reception
- Assemble, address, & mail invites
- Finalize decorations & linens with coordinator
- Purchase bridal accessories (garter, jewelery, veil)
- Make programs, table numbers, escort cards
Only 114 days out!
Post # 13
I think I am doing pretty good.. Lots of little details..
- Invitations are being made now. Need to finish the inserts and mail them out!
- Continue adding to the registry. Right now it’s just been me shopping and adding things lol..
- Look at card box ideas..
- Continue looking at vow ideas and readings/poems..
- I am really considering doing the wine box ceremony.. If so I have to order it!
- Plan the rehearsal dinner (the rehearsal date is already pencilled in)..
- Figure out what to do for table numbers..
- Decide which shoes I want, I bought 2 pairs lol..
- Finalize menu and what we are doing for the bar..
- Oh yeah! Important thing lol.. Getting the groom to look and try on wedding bands and ordering one..
- Meeting with decorator to figure out what I am renting and what I want it to look like.
Post # 14
Details, details, details
1) Finalize guest list and guest addresses
2) Finish printing and assemling invites – then send beginning of June
3) Create Menu and buy Ikea frames for menu
4) Rough draft of program
5) Assemble pomanders
6) Finalize church proceedings – music, Virgin Memory, Unity Candle, etc.
7) Meet with wedding coordinator and finalize plans
8) Start alterations
9) Meet with Florist to see flowers
10) Start scoping out locations for pictures in between ceremony and reception
11) Table Names/Numbers
12) Finish bathrooom basket and design sign
Post # 15
Just thinking about the to-do makes me want to curl up in the fetal position…..
Post # 16
I have a lot of the little details, decor stuff, etc. left…I think typing it all out will make me panic 🙂