(Closed) August Mamas…and BABIES!!

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m not an August mama, but your son is ridiculously cute!  he has the best facial expressions.

Post # 5
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@bunnylovesbear:  I’ll enter my information later, but our sons have the same birth weight!!

Post # 6
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’ll add my info soon too but it looks like we have 3 boys with the same birth weight πŸ™‚ 

Post # 7
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Due date: August 10th

Birth date: August 6th πŸ™‚

Girl or boy: Team Green….became a Boy surprise πŸ™‚

Baby’s Name: Baylen Robert

Weight: 6lbs 13oz

Length: 21 in

Birth Story: I started having contractions at around 11am on August 5th. They weren’t bad at all, so Darling Husband and I first went for a walk around the neighborhood, then cooked a couple of freezer meals and finally took a trip out to PetCo. While we were out the contractions finally started getting worse, so when we came home I rested for a bit and we decided to go for one more walk around the neighborhood. By the time we got back to the house I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes and Darling Husband was beginning to panic. He wanted to immediately leave for the hospital, but because I was still able to walk and talk through the contractions I appeased him by calling the Dr. – who told us to wait it out for a couple more hours, if possible. We were able to rest until around 10:30pm, at which point I just knew it was time to go. The half hour trip to the hospital sucked haha!

When we got to the hospital they got ready to check me, and assured me that because it was a 1st baby I probably wouldn’t be dialted very much, and might be sent home. I knew at that point that if I wasn’t in active labor there was NO way I could do this unmedicated because of how much pain I was in. When they told me I was 6cm and 90% effaced, my jaw dropped.

We got situated in our room and I immediately got into a tub (probably around 12am). Laboring in the tub felt so much better, so I did that for 1/2 an hour before they had to pry me out to check me. I was now 7cm, still 90%. Back into the tub. Before long my contractions started getting a lot worse. They checked me again and I was 9cm. At this point the Dr. and I decided to break my water and see if that progressed things…..it did. I was in a ton of pain and was starting to have to vocalize through the contractions, but there was still a small part of my cervial lip hanging on. The nurse suggested I kneel on all 4’s which quickly got me to 10cm and I started to push.

As I started, I noticed that the room was filling up with people and the nurse suddenly shoved an oxygen mask on me. They said that Baylen’s heart rate was continuing to drop due to how constant my contractions were. They told me I needed to get him out immediately, or they would have to take him out. I think I maybe only pushed for a 1/2 hour or so (??) and Baylen came out at 3:31am. Darling Husband told me it was a boy and then I spent about an hour getting stitched up haha. I can’t believe I did it without any pain meds – but honestly, I never even thought about asking for them, probably because it happened so quickly.

Breastfeeding/Pumping/Bottle- How is it going for you?: Exclusively breastfeeding at this point. He’s a great latcher and I seem to be making quite enough – considering that I think he’s almost up to 9lbs at this point!! It is absolutely exhausting, and there are moments that I just can’t imagine nursing one more time…but, honestly, I wouldn’t change it for the world. I love how close it makes me feel to him and I love that it’s something I can do for him that no one else can.

It does get a little tricky at night – because Darling Husband is not so wonderful about being interrupted during his sleep (yes….I know…). He will occassionally change Bay’s diaper before I feed him, but mostly I change and feed him and then wake Darling Husband to swaddle him and put him back down again. Yeah, it’s tiring…

Lifesaver Baby Items for the First Month: As of last night…the Snugabunny swing! Darling Husband put Bay down in it because he was fussing when we tried putting him to sleep. I fell asleep and woke up to Darling Husband telling me it was time to feed Baylen. I expected it to be 2am or maybe 3am at best….it was 5:30am!!!??? Oh.My.Goodness. I still haven’t been able to wrap my head around it haha! Besides that, probably our A&A swaddle blankets and the boppy.

Baby items you have found unnecessary so far: There’s a lot of items we haven’t used yet (bouncer, pump, some of our bigger cloth diapers) – but I’m hoping that will all change soon.

Favorite Mommy Moment: Whenever he sleeps on me (which is pretty much for most of the day)…I love the way he almost holds onto me and (even though it, like breastfeeding can be exhausting) the way he likes sleeping on me the best πŸ™‚

Challenges: Lack of sleep – absolutely. We’ve had a couple of times of 3-ish hours, but those are rare (and I’m not even going to mention again what happened last night) and I have trouble napping during the day. Also, I’ve been getting incredibly bored being stuck at home most days. I’m trying to enjoy and soak up every minute – but it’s hard when Darling Husband gets home from work and I feel like a zombie for sitting around all day.

Post # 8
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Oh, and pictures!

Post # 9
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh my gosh. Cuteness overload! Your babies are absolutely adorable! 

@Keppa:  How is the cloth diapering going for you so far? What are you using?

Post # 10
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  So far the only diapers we have that have fit him are the Lil’ Joeys Rumparooz. I think he’s getting to the size that some of the other ones we have will fit him too though. I definitely like using the cloth diapers more – just due to lack of extra trash and having to go out and buy diapers all the time! I have had a couple of leaks with them, but I’ve also had a couple of leaks with disposables whenever they get too full. There’s definitely extra laundry – but we have quite a bit of laundry anyway – just due to baby clothes and other baby items. We’ve also been using cloth wipes, which I like way better than disposable wipes – however we go through them so quickly that we’re having to use regular wipes most of the time.

Post # 12
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Due date:  August 10th

Birth date:  August 18th

Girl or boy:  BOY

Baby’s Name:  Andrew Wylie

Weight: 7lbs 9oz

Length: 19.5 in

Birth Story:  

Thursday morning I started contracting and by 3am was headed to the hospital (due to contractions being 3-5 minutes apart) only to be told that I was – at most – a “small” 3 and not quite fully effaced. The contractions slowed down to about 8-10 minutes apart so they sent me to walk around for 2 hours to see if I could make any progress that way – only to have them stop altogether. So we headed home and after a nap, the contractions increased in intensity throughout the day but never got closer than 5 to 8 minutes apart … by 6am I couldn’t take the pain anymore. When they hit I couldn’t do anything but pace back and forth across the dining room.

 Went back to the hospital yet again, got another NST and cervical check, only this time I was – FINALLY – a 4 and 100% effaced. They still sent me to go walk around for half an hour to see if the contractions would get closer together; they also warned me that if I was going to eat then do it now since the anesthesiologist wouldn’t give me an epidural if I had eaten within the last two hours. So we grabbed coffee and a bagel and walked around – the contractions never really got closer together but the pain was just too much. We headed back to the birthing unit to get checked in at 8am, and I asked for some sort of pain meds, only to be told by some nurse (whom I never saw again, thank goodness) that she’d rather I hop in the Jacuzzi instead of giving me drugs (which, don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t adverse to doing, but HELLO, if I ask for some drugs, GIVE ME THE EFFING DRUGS).

 After I met all the nurses and residents and all that lovely hospital jazz, I hopped in the Jacuzzi for about a half hour – I got so bored and the water grew way too cold to do anything effective for the pain. At this point they tried to break my water but couldn’t find the bag to break – the OB resident couldn’t tell for sure if it was his head or not that she was scraping against.

 They came back to check me at 10am to no progress, so Darling Husband and I decided to just go walk around the hospital – I knew I wanted an epidural at some point but I also knew I wanted to delay it as long as I could – but I really needed something for the pain. They gave me 4mg of Dilaudid, which was awesome. I could still feel the contractions but I wasn’t yelping in pain – when they hit I would just put my arms around DH’s neck (and he would put his arm around my waist) and breathe through them. They started coming fast and furious – it felt like I went through 75 in a 5 minute span ;). We went back to the room and got re-checked – I had gone from a 4 to a 6 in 90 minutes! I decided to just keep walking and they would recheck me in 2 hours.

 At the end of the 2 hours the drugs were wearing off and I was getting exhausted from essentially being up with pain for the last two days. I remember feeling very, very out of it, trying to focus on what was happening around me but I just couldn’t. I quickly decided I didn’t want to go back to being in pain so I asked for the epidural. I was very surprised at how quick it all happened – within twenty minutes it was all placed and I was back to not feeling anything.

 At this point, the contractions slowed down, so the nurse suggested starting picotin to help – and seeing as I couldn’t feel the contractions anymore, it didn’t matter to me. At this point I actually fell asleep! I was texting one of my friends about being in labour and I would pass out with the phone in my hand. I dozed in and out for the next hour and a half to two hours while Darling Husband went downstairs to grab something to eat.

I woke up really needing to pee and was able to get out of bed but wasn’t able to go, so they did a quick in and out catheter. When I shifted back into bed, I could feel intense pressure in my pelvic area; the nurse checked me and told me that I was at a full 10 and his head was “right there”. They debated calling the OB and having me start pushing but I told them I probably wouldn’t be able to help myself if I just shifted a little more to the center. So at 4:45pm I started pushing – which hurt like the EFFING DICKENS, OH MAH GAWD, I just wanted him OUT – and at 5:03pm Andrew Wylie was born weighing 7lb9oz and 19.5 inches long.

Then all the usual stuff happened; Darling Husband cut the cord, they checked him over, I delivered the placenta, and they stitched up the second degree tear I got. In fact, it took them longer to do that than it did to push him out! They tried laying him on my chest while they sewed me up but I was at such a weird angle that he ended up lying on my throat and it just wasn’t comfortable. Once they were all done with the stitchery, they put him to my breast to try feeding, and he latched on perfectly. We chilled out for the next couple of hours; I took a quick shower and got dressed and by 8pm were wheeled down to the Mother/Baby Unit. 

Breastfeeding/Pumping/Bottle- How is it going for you?:  He’s 99.9% breastfed, with one bottle at night that Darling Husband feeds him. He’s a really good nurser but it sometimes it feels like its non-stop. And I have to hold my breast away from his nose so I really can’t do anything while I’m feeding him. 

Lifesaver Baby Items for the First  Month:  I realize he’s not really an “item” but my DH! He’s been amazing. His swing – its the only time ii have both hands free -and carseat, since we’ve been out every single day since he’s been born.

Baby items you have found unnecessary so far:  The crib? lol. We don’t use his room at all except to grab his clothes.   

Favorite Mommy Moment:  I love when he falls asleep all snuggly on me after a feeding. And hearing that he’s now 7lb12oz at 2 weeks after dropping a full pound between birth and discharge was pretty awesome too.

Challenges:  I’m HUNGRY all the time. He gets really gassy, and haaaaaaates being burped. Thats tons of fun, let me tell you. And he doesnt poop often – once every few days. But his farts? Woah stinky baby. I can’t even complain about not getting enough sleep because once he’s down for the night he sleeps 3-4 hours, and then gets up for 2 feedings 2 hours apart and I go back to sleep myself. Basically this means we get up for the day at 10 or 11am.

Picture of your sweet little one? (if you feel comfortable sharing): I’ll add ’em later πŸ™‚

Post # 13
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Due date:  August 10th, 2012

Birth date:  August 8th, 2012 

Girl or boy:  Team Green turned BOY

Baby’s Name:  Evan Charles

Weight: 8lb 12oz

Length: 20in

Birth Story:  I woke on around 6 or 7 am on August 7th feeling contractions. They were just bad enough that I couldn’t sleep through them, but coming aroundd 15-20 minutes apart. I spent most of the day bouncing on a yoga ball, walking, and (occasionally) stimulating my nipples (because I was SO READY to have him). 

Darling Husband came home from work early, around 6 that night. My contractions were down to about 10 minutes apart, and getting a little bit more painful, but still not too bad. 

By 11pm they were had been coming 4-5 minutes apart for over an hour, so I called L&D. She told me to keep timing them and call back in another hour. An hour later they were still coming regularly, so I called back and was told to head on to the hospital. 

At the hospital I was told that I hadn’t really progressed since my last appointment on Friday (I went from a “loose 2-3cm” to “3cm”). While they had me hooked up there my contractions STOPPED. We were given the option to stay and be checked in a few hours, but the attending didn’t think he was quite ready to come out. We opted to go home. 

Before we even got out of the hospital they were coming back harder, but we went home anyway. It was around 12:30 when we got home…by 1am the contractions were coming so hard and fast that I couldn’t breathe through them, and coming closer together. Darling Husband had gone to nap for a bit, and for some dumb reason I convinced myself that this wasn’t real labor. The pain in my back was unreal (he was sunny-side up). I couldn’t find any comfortable position to labor in, and I had started throwing up. By 3am I woke Darling Husband up and told him I needed to go back to the hospital. 

The car ride was torture, I threw up in front of the ER, and was biting back screams when they were wheeling me to L&D. I was still convinced I was going to be sent back home, even though I couldn’t imagine trying to labor like that at home any longer. I was ready to ask to be induced if I hadn’t progressed any. 

When I was checked again (same OB), he told me I had progressed to 5cm. I made them all laugh when I very hopefully asked “that means you won’t send me home, right?” The nurse started asking about my pain med preferences, and I begged for an epidural. I had planned on trying to go without one, or at least trying to labor on the ball/walking first, but I could not deal with that back pain. Ironically I found a position that offered some relief when I hunched over in a C to receive it. 

That thing was awesome. I was able to rest, which my body desperately needed. they checked me at 7am and I had dilated to a 7. I was feeling so good I told me in-laws to come on down (found out later they were already in the car, lol). When they checked me at 9a I was at a 9, and they broke my water.

Pretty much immediately after that my epidural stopped working everywhere but in my left leg (despite turning onto my right side). I started to panic and told the nurse I could feel the contractions, but she seemed to think I meant I could feel pressure, and so the doctor told us that I was too close to delivering to get a new one.

The next two or so hours are really blurry. I was sitting indian-style up in bed, clutching Darling Husband with one hand and my Mother-In-Law with the other. My mom told me when to take a breath, Darling Husband told me when the contraction was peaking (on the monitor) and Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law were breathing with me. I was in so much pain I couldn’t open my eyes during them.

Finally a new nurse came in and got really upset that I hadn’t been given a new epidural when I asked (this is when we found out the OB had been told I was feeling pressure, not the full pain of the contraction). They got the anesthesiologist back in the room and he put something into my IV and then they replaced the epidural. They checked me and I was a 10, but there was still a little lip, so they let me lay back down and rest for a little while.

I pushed for nearly 2 hours. Sometime right around an hour or so the second epidural failed. I didn’t say anything, though, because I just wanted him out, and the pain was a good motivator to really focus on my pushing. I didn’t get any relief from pushing, but insane back pain. I opted for the mirror, Darling Husband was coaching, and I was sick as a dog (there was an assembly line of puke buckets). They also had an oxygen mask on me between contractions. 

He came out, Darling Husband announced we had a son, my mom cut the cord (FIL trimmed it down), and he was immediately taken away from me for newborn tests (8 on the 1 min APGAR, 9 on the 5). Unbeknownest to me I had started hemorrhaging almost immediately after he came out. The nurse told me I lost almost half a gallon of blood within a minute or two. Darling Husband told me later that he really really wanted to meet our son but was pretty petrified I was going to bleed out so he stayed holding my hand. OB got the bleeding stopped and me stitched up pretty fast, and they brought Evan back over. He latched on right away, and was a seriously healthy, loud little dude.

I don’t regret the epidural (either one). I think I could have made it through without (especially the second one), but I also think my body seriously needed rest to push, and had I not gotten it I think I would have ended up needing a C-sec.

Breastfeeding/Pumping/Bottle- How is it going for you?:  I’m breastfeeding, and it’s going well. He’s had a great latch and my supply has been good from the get-go, but little dude wants to eat all.the.time. I feel like a cow. I want to start building up a pumped stash, mostly because Darling Husband wants to be able to feed him, and I’d like to be able to, I don’t know, finish a shower, but so far it’s been really hard finding time to pump in between his ridiculous appetite. Oh, and the leaking is so obnoxious, especially at night. We wake up in a big wet spot, even with the breast pads. Between that and the night sweats I’m pretty much washing our sheets daily.

Lifesaver Baby Items for the First  Month:  The SwaddleMe blanket. It’s the only way he’ll sleep at night. The Boppy is great because I can prop him on it to breastfeed. My sisters-in-law insisted on going out and buying us a bouncer today, so we’ll try that out and see how he likes it. 

Baby items you have found unnecessary so far: Well, he hates his swing. We haven’t used the crib or baby monitors yet. Probably the MOST unnecessary is the itzbeen timer we received. I may not remember exactly when he was last changed, but my boobs tell me if it’s been too long since his last feeding (and really, he feeds all the freaking time). 

Favorite Mommy Moment:  6a when it’s just starting to get light out but the house is still asleep and quiet, he falls asleep nursing, and in his sleep nuzzles my nipple a few times, uses my boob as a pillow, purses his lips and sighs. Definitely my favorite moment. 

Challenges:  Handling this weird state where I feel like I’m JUST Evan’s mama and my whole existence currently revolves around taking care of him. I’m jealous of Darling Husband because he can go to work and be an adult for a while. Evan is wonderful and I love him more than I thought I could love anything, but sometimes I’d just like to be able to finish a shower…or go out to dinner, or just be able to spend a little bit of time being Sarah. I know this time is temporary, but it’s really hard being completely responsible for a helpless little someone. 

That and sleep. Man, I’d love to get 5 hours of sleep. 

Picture of your sweet little one? (if you feel comfortable sharing):

Day he was born:

Last night: 

Post # 14
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@bunnylovesbear:  I haven’t had any staining problems yet…they come out of the washer white again. I’ve heard they can stain..the way tupperware can stain if you have spaghetti sauce in it, but apparently if you dry them outside the sun will bleach them back to white. I do wash them daily, but the ones we have (the bumgenius elementals), I really don’t have to do anything but throw them in the washer. I just couldn’t wrap my head around spending SO MUCH money on disposables. We don’t pay for water, though…but even if we did, it’s a small load of laundry a day, I don’t imagine it would add much on to the water bill. 

Post # 15
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

So – just as I mentioned how wonderful it was to have Baylen sleep for about 5.5 hours on Friday night….of course, I end up with mastitis from being so engorged. I’ve had a fever for the past couple of days and last night I was going back and forth between shivering and sweating every 5 minutes. I also had a small breakdown because I was wondering how in the world I’d take care of Bay while feeling so awful. Fortunately I was able to get to the Dr. today and get a prescription for antibiotics. I’m hoping they kick in and start helping soon – and also that we avoid thrush. So much for 5 wondeful hours of sleep…..

Post # 16
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Due date: August 7th

Birth date: August 8th

Girl or boy: Boy

Baby’s Name: Charles Tupper  “Charlie”

Weight: 7lb 6oz

Length: 21 in

Birth Story: After the disappointing update at my prenatal appointment on Friday 8/3 I didn’t expect much to happen within the next week or so. To my surprise, on Sunday I lost my mucus plug. This can mean something or it can mean nothing so I tried not to get my hopes up thata labor was imminent. I was having mild irregular contractions throughout the day but nothing that increased in pain or frequency. Monday came and went with little change in my contractions and I was starting to get a little bummed out. 

I woke up at midnight on Tuesday morning to a gush of warm water…when they say you know you’re water broke, they are right. Wow! Thankfully, I had put a towel under me just in case this happened and I definitely needed it. I woke Chuck up to tell him the news and he responded “Right now? It’s midnight.” πŸ™‚ I told him yes but that I wasn’t having painful contractions so I thought we had some time before we’d need to do anything. I called the hospital to let them know and they wanted me to come in just to be sure it was my water and to see if I had progressed. We showered and finished packing our hospital bag and then headed in around 1:30am. I called our doula and my mom and told them I would keep in touch once we got to the hospital. 

Once we were in triage we learned that I had not progressed at all from my Friday appointment. I was still a fingertip dilated and contractions weren’t strong enough to move me into active labor any time soon. I told the nurse that I wanted to have a natural childbirth if possible and did not want any augmentation at this point. No sooner had I said that when the resident doctor came in and told me they would check me in a start me right on Pitocin. Um, no? Didn’t I just say that? The attending came in and talked to us about the risks of infection and their policy of wanting the baby to be born within 24 hours from when the water breaks. We ended up deciding to leave and come back at noon. We headed home and went back to sleep for a few hours. 

At noon, we headed back into the hospital with my mom and doula in tow. This was it! My contractions were picking up slowly but were still about 6-8 mins apart and not particularly painful. We got checked into a delivery room around 1pm and they hooked me up to the monitors. The attending told me that my contractions were not strong enough still and she wasn’t even going to bother checking me since she could tell I hadn’t made any progress. Again, they pushed Pitocin and I refused. I asked to have until 4pm to move around the hospital and get something to eat and then we could start the Pitocin if I still hadn’t made progress. One doctor said yes and then the attending came in and said no. She told me I could not leave the room and could not eat anything going forward. If I wanted to leave I would have to sign out AMA and risk losing my room. To say I was angry would be an understatement. There was no way I was sitting in that room for the next 2.5 hours just waiting for something to happen. After hearing the risks and signing myself out, we headed out of the hospital to Whole Foods for some lunch. We went for a long walk trying to stimulate more contractions. It helped some but they were still pretty minimal and not much closer together. 

We checked back in at 4pm and they started the Pitocin at 5:15pm. As all of this was happening, my doula informed us that she is newly pregnant and was feeling slightly ill. She left the room several times to throw up and seemed very distrtacted. We told her she could leave if she wasn’t feeling well but she insisted on staying. At 7pm my contractions started to pick up and I was having to concentrate to get through them. My doula decided to call her midwife at this time just to check in because she was experiencing similar pain to when she had a kidney stone years before. She came back in a few minutes alter in tears and told us that she needed to go to the ER because her midwife was worried she was having a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. Chuck walked her to the ER and my mom took over as my doula. (Our doula ended up passing kidney stones in the ER and was released around 2:30am. So far, she and baby are doing well).

Contractions started to become very difficult within the next 2 hours. We used deep breathing and counter pressure during contractions. I also started moaning towards the end and swayed my hips back and forth. I needed reminders to slow down my breathing but once I did, the contractions were easier to manage. I told Chuck that I wanted to be checked by the doctor and that if I wasn’t progressed I wanted an epidural because I didn’t think I could do this for another 5-6 hours. The doctor checked me at 9pm and I was 7cm! Woohoo! That was just enough to keep me going until she said she would come back at midnight to check me again. 3 more hours!? Thankfully it only took about an hour before I was feeling like I had to push. I tried to stop it but it was an overwhelming feeling. I couldn’t help it. The doctor came back in and checked me at 10:15pm. I was 10cm and +1 station so I was given the green light to push. After trying several positions, I ended up on my back with my knees back to give me more leverage. I pushed for about 1.5 hours and he was crowning for about 45 minutes of that 1.5 hours. The doctors followed my birth plan and used a warm compress and oil in between contractions to help minimize tearing. 

At 12:13am baby Charlie was born. I pulled him out and put him right on my chest. The cord had stopped pulsing right away so Chuck cut it and we sat back to marvel at this new little life. Charlie didn’t cry much but had his eyes open and was just staring at me. I always thought I would cry when I saw him but I didn’t. I just kept telling him I loved him and we had been waiting a long time for him to come.  I cut the umbilical cord again as it was too long and we checked out the placenta. I wasn;t sure I wanted to see it but I’m glad I did. It’s so amazing to me that is what provides for the baby for the 9.5 months they are growing. The afterbirth process wasn’t pleasant and I ended up with a couple of small 1st degree tears that needed stitching. Not too bad. The doctors were impressed that my labor was so quick for a first time mom but it sure felt like a lifetime to me! After an hour they took Charlie, cleaned him up and weighed him. We went up to our postpartum room around 2:30am and settled in for the night. Breastfeeding went well and Charlie latched on easily once we were in the room. We fell asleep around 4am and were discharged on 8/10.

Breastfeeding/Pumping/Bottle- How is it going for you?: Exclusively breastfeeding at this point. I have an oversupply some days when goes longer than 2.5 hours between feedings but we haven’t introduced the bottle yet. I’m hoping to do that this week so Darling Husband can feed him and I can mybe do something for myself for an hour or two. I’ve pumped a few times when I’ve been engorged and it’s been pretty easy and fast.

Lifesaver Baby Items for the First Month: My Brest Friend bursing pillow-love it! And also the Snuuglebunny Rock and Play sleeper. Charlie likes sleeping in it so much better than the bassinet and it’s easier to take with us when we go away overnight. I am also a big fan of the Summer Infant Swaddleme blankets. We just started using them and they are so much easier than swaddling with a regular blanket.

Baby items you have found unnecessary so far: The bouncer. He tolerates it for a few minutes but he needs more vigorous bouncing n order to fallk asleep so it doesn’t seem worth it to put him in it. I also haven’t used the Moby like I thought I would beacuse it’s so cumbersome. I’d like to try the K’Tan but dont know that I want to spend the money on another wrap.

Favorite Mommy Moment: When he’s done eating and is just peacefully looking around, at me and at the world. He has started maiking cute cooing sounds and I love mimicking him to see what he’ll “say”. I love bringing him to bed with me early in the morning and having him snuggle up to my neck before he falls asleep. 

Challenges:  Lack of sleep for sure. Charlie is up every 2-2.5 hours to nurse round the clock and it’s been emotionally and physically exhausting some days. I’ve been trying to nap but it’s hard because I feel like I should be doing something while he’s sleeping. I’ve also been short with Darling Husband when he gets to go out golfing or for beers after work. I know he would help me more if he could but I would really like to be able to leave the house on my own for a few hours too. On top of the feedings, Charlie has been pretty fussy at night the past week, only really settling when I take him.  I feel like I’m “on duty” even when Darling Husband is home. Ugh. 

Picture of your sweet little one? (if you feel comfortable sharing): 
From last night

From our newborn photos

The topic ‘August Mamas…and BABIES!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors