August, September, October brides- hows everyone doing?

posted 2 months ago in The Lounge
Post # 16
48 posts
  • Wedding: September 2020 - City, State

September bride here, and honestly I’m super anxious about the virus continuing to our date. We have had an 18 month engagement, and of course just paid off our wedding venue last month. We are paying for everything ourselves and there won’t be enough money to “re-do” this…

I told my fiancé that I don’t care if it’s just he and I and my daughter, we ARE getting married in that day. We will be in a big ass barn with my dress, and we will get married regardless. This of course stresses me out, but I can’t wait any longer and I am not planning/paying for another wedding.

Praying daily that this all ends soon. I just wish life would get back to normal. We are very fortunate to both still have work and income, and we have many blessings. But I just want to marry the man already!

Post # 17
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

We originally had planned to get married in Vegas on 10/10/20 but this year has not been good for us financially and now with COVID 19 we just don’t want to risk traveling. I told my fiancé if there is a reprieve this summer then we should take advantage of it and just get married in the backyard we can have a party with family and friends later. 

Post # 18
344 posts
Helper bee

I posted from TODAY 😩😩 to Oct. My venue is starting renovations in Nov, so I’m hoping I do r have to postpone again and deal with that mess. I plan to make a decision in July, but I’m staying positive.

Post # 19
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - North Carolina

View original reply
twinklinglights :  We’re on 10/10. I kind of had a panic attack over this issue earlier this week, and we ended up canceling our reception venue. Luckily we were still in the window to get our deposit back. We are going to plan on still having the wedding, but a more low-key do in FH’s parents’ backyard. Whoever can come, we will be happy to have, but totally understanding if some of our more far-flung friends and family can’t travel or if anyone isn’t comfortable with a group event by then. If there are other restrictions in place by then, we’ll just do it with family. I’m kind of bummed at missing out on the pretty venue, but feeling more at peace with making this decision rather than waiting around for months to make the call and then having to last-minute everything. 

Post # 20
856 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Hampton, VA

I think I have officially picked a new date… We were supposed to get married on 8/8/2020. I loved my date. I have been scribbling it down like a schoolgirl with a crush. It meant a lot to me.

My dress alterations, my groom’s tux purchase & tailoring, multiple vendor meetings & final fees, etc… all being postponed until like 1.5 months before my wedding date – not ideal. My fiance’s family is all coming from another area in the country. All of my friends are from all over the country.

I’m heart broken!

I think I’m moving it to 3/6/2021 because it’s the ONLY Saturday available next year until the end of the year. 🙁

Post # 21
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

We are doing a small 10 person wedding in France this September. I contacted my planner, and he told me not to worry until end of June. The only thing left for us is to do the food, but since we are so small, I’m not concerned. My wedding planner is already rebooking March, April, May brides to August, September, and October. So, they feel super confident. I also don’t think we should worry just yet and rebook, and steal a wedding dare from a bride who was forced to rebook when our weddings could be OK.

Post # 22
176 posts
Blushing bee

08.08.2020 here. Not making any changes yet but just saw a bride with the same date on here postponed. That makes me super anxious. We will decide in June.

Post # 23
2 posts

Another 8-8-2020 bride here! I’m a little nervous and not sure whether things will be totally okay by then. We were advised to just take it day by day and go with the flow, and to reassess mid-June. Our venue seems optimistic that August will be alright. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors