(Closed) August the 11th 2013 – date twins?!

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4056 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m getting married Auguest 12 so we’re not twins, but really close πŸ™‚ I’m getting married in Scotland so horray for the UK in August!

I’ve got the big stuff done and deposits in – venue, photographer, hair/makeup, cake, band,

Bought the dress – justin alexander 8465 and am just waiting for it to come in.

Now I’m focusing on finding my wedding band (my ering is an antique so I think I’ll have to do custom) and figuring out invitations.

Post # 6
4056 posts
Honey bee

I’m not really doing any DIY as we live in the US now and transporting it would be a nightmare. I am from the US but Fiance was born and raised in Glasgow and his parents are still there (they aren’t well can can’t travel, so we’re taking the wedding to them). We thought it would be a smallish wedding as not many people would want to make the trip from the US – boy was I WRONG!! We havne’t even sent out official invites yet (only save the dates) and we already have confirmed yeses from more than half the guest list!

We’re getting married in a civil ceremony at a Charles Rennie Macintosh house

http://www.houseforanartlover.co.uk

Cant’ get married outside which is sad but the venue is lovely! We picked it in large part because it doens’t need a lot of decoration or flowers (helps us save money and stress)

Post # 8
4056 posts
Honey bee

I’ve been to Scotland a few times. Oncbe years before I met Fiance and twice with him to visit his parents. I just love it there πŸ™‚

his family does have a tartan, multiple actually (all the families do) so we’ve narrowed it town to two. We’re putting the tartan in in small ways – ribbons for flowers and button holes, cuff links, flats for me for the reception, possibly On the cake. Subtle ways. 

We went out save the dateI at the end of September/beginning of October since we wanted to give people time to save and plan. I think we’d like to send out invitees by mid April and have them due mid May or so. I figure that’s 3 months out – people will know if they are traveling thousands of miles by then πŸ™‚

flowers aren’t totally figured out yet. BM’s will be in dark purple so I think my flowers will be dark purples with hints of lighter purples and pinks. Bridesmaid or Best Man flowers will be the opposite – most light colors with hints of the darker purple. What flowers and all, I have no idea yet πŸ™‚

Post # 9
4056 posts
Honey bee

These are the two tartans we are deciding between. Leaning towards the blue/green one as it fits better with the colors of the venue

Post # 10
4035 posts
Honey bee

@mecattacow:  Not date twins, but close. We are getting married on August 10, 2013! It’s getting closer, yet its so far away….

Post # 12
241 posts
Helper bee

Yay!!!!

We are date twins! I haven’t come across anyone else with 8/11/13.  It’s a Sunday which seems atypical in the U.S., but that is when our venue was available, and it’s my grandparents’ wedding anniversary as well. πŸ™‚

Post # 14
241 posts
Helper bee

@mecattacow:  

I feel like I haven’t got anything done, honestly! It’s all so overwhelming!  We got engaged at the end of November, and we were in the middle of a move cross-county due to FI’s job.  We just got here a couple weeks ago and are getting settled so it kind of threw a wrench in my planning.

It’s definitely time to get back on track!  I have a venue, a menu, my dress, the photographer, wedding rings, a DJ, a florist and a potential bridesmaid dress.  I need to solidify my colors, decide on flowers and centerpieces, put playlists together, do my engagement session, work on invites, etc. etc.

How are you doing with everything?? What kinds of colors have you decided on?

I think the honeymoon is the next task to tackle..

The topic ‘August the 11th 2013 – date twins?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors