(Closed) August To-Do List August 2013

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 4
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Oh dang 1 year mark!!!  Thanks for the new thread to keep us on track XD  Ugh this is going to be a busy month…

• Engagement photos!!
  • Design Save the Dates based on engagement photos
  • Design invitations based on engagement photos
  • update website with engagement photos – yup, all this work because of the engagement photos haha
  • continue collecting addresses, finalize guest list
  • work on finding dresses with bridesmaids
  • keep collecting terrariums for centerpieces
  • talk to FI’s former boss (greenhouse owner) about setting aside plants for us
  • collect motorcycle models – we decided these are going to be our table numbers!  each pro racer has their own number they use, so we’ll get models of different pro racer’s bikes for each table.  gonna be a bit $$ and pretty quirky, but thought this was a great way to incorporate FI’s interests in the decor <3

I think/hope that’s it haha.

Post # 5
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Urgh.

– Contact ceremony venue to book
– Contact officiant when ceremony venue is booked. 
– Choose photo for STD
– Finish collecting addresses
– Send out Save-The-Date Cards
– FINISH wedding website

Post # 6
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I should probably start collecting addresses, or doing something.

When should I make and send STD’s and make a website?

Post # 7
3297 posts
Sugar bee

Talked with fiance… apparently he wants to get invites out by Sept to give people plenty of time. A lot of out-of-towners, so I get that, but ummm that’s a lot to do in a month!

Post # 8
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@sherryberry:  I think it’s typical to send save the dates out around 8-6 months prior to the date?  But if you have a lot of out-of-towners, I think the earlier the better, so your FI’s got the right idea 😉  Good luck, you can do it!!

Post # 9
425 posts
Helper bee

Can’t believe August is just about here already! This month is a pretty big one for me, we have the one year and its my Birthday month too. In July we actually got done, picking wedding invite paper, I found the Bridesmaid or Best Man dress, and decided on the Bridal and Bridesmaid or Best Man earrings. Wedding plans though will be:

-Meet with venue- tour with mom and grandma, finalize some of the plans with them

-Get addresses for STD’s

-Print STD’s so I am ready to send end of Aug/Sept

And I think thats it. We will have a lot of decisions to make at our appointment with the venue so thats a big one!

Post # 10
337 posts
Helper bee

Yayy cant believe it will be our 1 year mark soon. Time is flying!

Next month I have to….

-Find a ceremony venue

-Book the photobooth

-Book a photographer

-Start some DIY projects.

Im hoping to get a lot done in August since I start back up in school in September which will take a lot of my time.

Post # 11
3297 posts
Sugar bee

@stephko99:  

I know! I can’t believe we’ve been engaged almost a year already.

Has anyone else nixed save the dates altogether? We decided not to do them.

Post # 14
3297 posts
Sugar bee

@MsPanda:  

That’s good to know. My fiance wants to send out invites early but I am not sure.

Our birthdays are August 24 and 25 🙂

Post # 15
4352 posts
Honey bee

Send save the dates. And everything that leads up to that (finalize design, buy stamps ect.)

Post # 16
425 posts
Helper bee

@MsPanda: August is a good month! Mine is August 26th! That is an awesome bachelorette/birthday party! I am hoping to do mine in July, I need a few weeks to recoop, lol. 

@sherryberry: I have to agree, sending out the actual invites now would definitely cause a lot of headaches for you with the rsvp’s. I know we are all planning a year in advance but its because of our wedding usually people don’t plan that far so I would definitely send out a STD now or you can forgo them but definitely wait for invites until 2013. 

The topic ‘August To-Do List August 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors