Post # 1
Hi November brides to be! How did you all go with the July to do list? Hopefully got a few things crossed off the list! We are down to the 3 month mark – what do you have to get done in August?
Completed in July
- Find some gorgeous Emerald Green Wedges (this is doing my head in!) Got these from ‘Shoes of Prey’
- Finalize RSVPs
- Keep putting money aside
- Keep the fitness/diet up!
- More hair/makeup trials for DIY
- Wedding rings – FI’s is here and mine is ordered
- Choose wedding cake flavours/design
To do in August
- Send off ‘wedding paperwork’
- Finalize wedding flowers/decorations/food/drinks (due by end of Sept)
- Plan/Book honeymoon – 1 week in Cambodia & 2 weeks in Vietnam
- Design, make & send my Destination Wedding info pack for those attending our Destination Wedding in Thailand
- Order favours – sandalwood fans for the ladies and custom stubby coolers for the gents!
- Keep the fitness/diet up (picking up my dress in September & fittings)
- More makeup/hair trials
Post # 3
Oh – and order my earrings (Siman Tu Chandelier Earrings from the USA)!!! 🙂
Post # 4
Get final bridesmaid to order her dress. dresses ordered Friday are due in on October 27th. My wedding is November 4th. This is my biggest source of stress. Finalize and print RSVP cards and mail out invitations. Order mother of the groom dress. Give reception venue a chunk of change. Get rings off layaway. Keep living on a seriously tight budget so we can pay for everything.
Post # 5
In August: schedule first dress fitting, finish purchasing gifts for bridal party, send wedding bands to be sized, send out invitations, and schedule my hair and makeup trial!!
Post # 6
July went pretty well! Invitatations were ordered and received, I made our e-pic guestbook, and we finally booked the cake baker. Here’s the August to-do list:
- address envelopes
- mail invitations
- complete monogram or hire graphic designer
- schedule caterer tasting
- send in rehearsal dinner contract (doing that right after I finish this post!)
- begin sewing chiffon flower bridesmaid belts
- schedule hair trial
I’m sure I’ll be adding to it, but that’s all that comes to mind. Totally doable!
Post # 7
I got some things checked off the July to-do list, I’m not sure exactly how “well” it went. Good things were we got the Bridesmaid or Best Man and Maid/Matron of Honor dresses picked out, got the tuxes picked out, the invitations picked out, I attended my last bridal show my area will be having. Bad thing: I saw my reception venue I booked for the first time and FREAKED! I booked the reception at a nearby hotel with a more “ballroom” type of space in mind. I saw the space and it was more like an office meeting space 🙁 I was disappointed and wanted to look elsewhere but with the wedding being so close, we don’t have the time or money to book it anywhere else 🙁
(This has to be done IMMEDIATELY–within a week!)
MAIL OUT STDs!!!!!!!
Decide on reception venue (haven’t called coordinator back, want my mom to see the space)
My first dress fitting is scheduled for this sat!!!
(And here is where things can calm down)
- Order invitations
- CONTINUE searching for a caterer and cake baker (can you tell I’ve been having bad luck??)
- Start working on bridal shower invitations (they will be mailed out at the beginning of Sept)
- All tuxes need to be ordered by Aug 31
That’s all I can think of so far, there may be more!
Post # 8
– finalize cake
-order wedding shoes
– find/ order wedding bands
– address envelopes
– continue purchasing gifts for girls
– have hair and makeup trial
– choose/order favors
– find/buy card box
I feel like I got a lot done in July, but not everything I wanted to!
Post # 9
Hello Month Twins!! So much inspiration in this board!
Completed in June / July:
-cake baker finalized / flavor picked
-dress arrived to salon
-invitations selected (not yet ordered)
-bridal shower completed (it was awesome!!)
August To-Do List:
-finalize guest list
-finalize florist (yikes!)
Post # 11
My August to-do list is pretty stress free! I’ve worked my — off since I got engaged so that I would have VERY LITTLE to do in the last few months and so far, so good. As for this month, I’d like to:
- Block off hotel rooms for guests
- Print reserved signs for reception tables
- Print cards for the MOB/MOG gifts
- Pick up guestbook from photographer
- Purchase matching frames for the “Meet the Maids” table at bridal shower
- Spray pomander stands for ceremony decor
- Stuff invitations to be mailed September 1
- &… the most exciting… I’m taking my Maid/Matron of Honor to an overnight trip to have our makeup done and purchasing our “day of” makeup for the wedding!
That will leave me with very little to do in September and hopefully little to nothing left to do at all except things that can’t wait until last minute. Hope everyone’s planning is going well… we are getting so close! There are days I can’t wait for it to be here and be done (like today!) and days that I don’t want it to be over!
Post # 12
I keep moving backwards! This month I have to:
-decide on new menu
-meet new coordinator
-order the cupcakes
-order the flowers
-work on millions of diy projects!
Post # 13
August To Do List:
*Book ceremony location and officiant (not sure what I am going to do yet)
*Book Dj (have a meeting next Monday)
*Meet with venue to finalize details (have a meeting next week..trying to change it to this weekend).
*Drop off bm’s material to seamstress
*Find new hair and makeup artist
*Buy my shoes (going to make a day of it with my girls who have to buy their shoes as well).
*Buy champagne flutes and personalize cake serving set
*Print up invitations and inserts if I book ceremony site this month
*Edit menu cards
What I got done in July:
*Made payments on florist and photographer
*Met with church and pastor
*Gave inspiration pics to seamstress, florist and baker
And I finally booked my caterer and finalized the menu so I am happy I got that checked off my list YAY!