(Closed) AUTUMN 2015 Brides…Where are you??!!!

posted 6 years ago in October 2015
Post # 17
3277 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I haven’t started planning as yet. I know what vendors I am using, but I won’t be booking anything until October 2014. 

Post # 18
892 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Ahh fellow October 2015 brides! ๐Ÿ˜€ We haven’t done much yet. We know where our wedding will be at and we are just waiting to confirm with a down payment in the next month or so(hopefully).

By chance, I already have my wedding dress. It just kind of worked out that way. We know what our colors are, what themes we want, and approximately how many people we want to invite. I have my eye on an etsy seller for the bridesmaids dresses. Fortunately for us, our venue includes pretty much everything so we don’t have to worry too much. We just have to get a photographer, cake, DJ, and any other frivolous things we want for decorations.

Future Brother-In-Law just got engaged and their wedding is this November so that is kind of stealing our thunder a bit. I don’t really want to be planning our wedding until theirs is over on the selfish basis that I want the attention on Fiance and myself ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 19
60 posts
Worker bee

October 3rd! We already have our ceremony and reception venue and photographer secured. Some other stuff has been decided, like centerpieces and such, but now I feel like I can relax for a little bit and just enjoy looking at my shiny ring. ๐Ÿ™‚  I have a dress appointment in February but I think it is still too early to be looking….I don’t know. I really want to get healthier and lose some weight before I try anything on, but whats the harm? 

Post # 20
310 posts
Helper bee

@taylorkirby:  Totally get that! My BFF’s wedding is this August so I’m focusing on that for now:)

@missfenn:  We’ve got all the same stuff out of the way! It feels so good to get those big things out of the way. Good luck dress shopping!

Post # 21
46 posts
Newbee

Hello Ladies! Like many others my Fiance and I are working on the big stuff venue, photographer, DJ and caterers. We already secured our venue and are now looking at photographers. Just taking everything slowly, trying to keep the stress down. 

@aquarius_91 My sister is getting married in August too! Because of that I’m going to wait until after to start looking for my dress and all other kinds of decorations.

@maReeposa I am also trying to work my my october 2015 body. My goal is to lose about 60 lbs. If anyone needs an accountability friend, I could use the help.

Happy Hunting!

Post # 22
12 posts
Newbee

Hi October 2015 brides! So fun to see that other brides are planning such far away weddings too! I thought I was ahead of the game with all my planning, but we havent even booked a venue yet, yikes! I am learning though that the big things, like everyone is saying, book up extremely fast! One of the venues we loved is already booked for our date!

Is it too early to start dress shopping? I had one boutique tell me they arent even accepting 2015 brides until the end of summer! Because of my work schedule and living situation (we live in FL during the winter, so I will not be anywhere near our wedding location for 6 months or so), Im tempted to start now. Anyone else gown shopping??

Congrats to everyone on their engagements! Cant wait to see what everyone has planned for October weddings!

Post # 23
3277 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@cantwaittobeemrsg:  

I think it is far too early to go dress shopping. However, some brides find their dresses very early. I would be far too worried about weight fluctuations.

I am ordering my Dressilyme gown in April 2015. That gives more than enough time for the dress to be made, shipped and altered. 

My venue is only meant for small weddings and not many people opt for those where we live. I think it will be fine to wait until October 2014 to start putting deposits down. 

I found a cheaper officiant and photographer, which will save us about $300. Smile

Post # 24
310 posts
Helper bee

@cantwaittobeemrsg:  I actually went dress shopping this weekend! I had no intention of stepping foot in a dress shop until August, but I needed to get measured for a bridesmaid’s dress, so I figured why not ๐Ÿ™‚ It helped me see what shapes and styles look good on me, so that will save me some time when we REALLY get going!

I’m finding that I have loved starting getting everything done early. We do one big thing every few months, and if we had everything completed a few months before the wedding, I would be thrilled!

Post # 25
12 posts
Newbee

aquarius_91:

I had the same thoughts, I have so many I want to try on, so I figure why not start now! Plus my work schedule leaves me working about 80-90 hours a week starting in May and not ending until September, so very minimal wedding planning will happen then. Glad to hear someone else shares my dress enthusiasm!

Where are all of you October 2015 brides getting married? And honeymooning??

Post # 26
310 posts
Helper bee

@cantwaittobeemrsg:  Exactly! I LOVE spacing it all out so far.

We are getting married in Illinois in FI’s hometown, and we are considering honeymooning in Hawaii! What about you?

Post # 27
12 posts
Newbee

Oh Hawaii! That’s one of our options too, but were leaning towards a Mediterranean cruise ๐Ÿ™‚ We are getting married in Western MA. We own a party rental business (including tents, tables, chairs, uplighting, DJ, etc.) so we are having our wedding under one of our tents! Excited to hear about everyone’s progress over the next 18 months!

Post # 28
293 posts
Helper bee

We picked our venue but it’s outdoors so we haven’t “booked” anything yet. 

Post # 28
90 posts
Worker bee

Hey ladies! We are also getting married on October 3 2015!! We got engaged in Jan.2014 and so far we have our venue booked! I would advise that if you find a place you like, book it! You don’t want to lose your date and they may even offer discount.

We have an appointment with the photographer tomorrow! Tryna get the big things out of the way. Less stress in the long run!

Congrats to all of you 2015 Brides!!!

Post # 29
325 posts
Helper bee

Fall 2015 here! No official date yet – working on the whole venue then big ticket items lol Figure start with the large things so then can just plug along with the smaller things along the way but nothing officially booked yet lol

Post # 30
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’ll be a fall 2015 bride (still weird to write that!) and so far all we’ve done is unofficially agree on a date and location for the wedding, and discuss what is important for us about the wedding and what’s not so important.  I’ve started building my Pinterest boards with various color themes, ideas for decor, dresses, etc.  We are trying to manage a cross country move at the moment, so I think wedding planning will really start once all of that is squared away.

The topic ‘AUTUMN 2015 Brides…Where are you??!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors