(Closed) Average Cost for Hair & Makeup in NJ *Help*

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
5761 posts
Bee Keeper

It depends in where you’re located, as I’m sure N.Jersey prices are much higher. Our MU artist(from NJ) and hair stylist (from Phila.) came to the beach for us, and the total for each person for both was only $80. The bride’s was more since it included 2 trials that were deducted from the overall cost. I think hers was more like $150. The MU artist was also a friend of my daughter’s, who also stayed as a guest for both weddings. Her regular prices are much higher.

They can really range in price, especially if they come to you or your hotel.

Post # 4
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think mine was around $200 for makeup and the same for hair.  I think for my bridesmaids and mom it ran closer to $150.

Post # 5
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am having somebody from PA, I live close to the border, and my MU will be $95. This is with $25 for travel but my bridesmaids won’t have to pay that much. I thought she was the most resonable priced of all and she had done my MU as a bridesmaid for my friends wedding too! 

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

My wedding was in March and I had my makeup done by Makeup By Shaili.  I actually met her as a makeup artist at the MAC Cosmetics counter because I was watching her do a makeup application on a customer.  I asked her about her prices and if she travels and we clicked right away!  She is located in central New Jersey but she travels all over. I used her last year for my engagement pictures as well.  I recommended her all the time. I was scared listening to all the horror stories about artists not arriving on time or doing multiple weddings in a day and rushing, but she guaranteed that she would not be taking more then one wedding in a day.  It is also very hard to please my mother because she hardly wears makeup, but Shaili did an amazing job and my mother actually loved it!!!!! Her work is better then the most I have seen and her prices are extremely reasonable! I am looking forward to my younger sister getting married next year and using her as well!

Here is her info:  [email protected]

I heard she also made a facebook page recently to show some of her work but I have not gotten it from her yet…but I can promise you that her work is flawless!

Post # 7
1192 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I found that if you just go on websites for Bridal Hair & Makeup it will help you compare the prices and what you need and dont need. If you are paying for your bridal party to get their makeup done or not, some offer free consultations and free fake eyelashes. Your best bet is to do some research.

Post # 8
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’ve started looking for hair and makeup people myself.  So far I’ve gotten prices from $100-$300 for each. 

The topic ‘Average Cost for Hair & Makeup in NJ *Help*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors