- 12 years ago
- Wedding: March 2010
My poor dog became really ill on Sunday, so we rushed him to the emergency vet. She thought it was just gastritis and gave him a fluid injection and some anti-vomiting medicine.
On Monday, he seemed in better spirits but still refused to eat anything, but was still drinking water so we were less worried. However, on Tuesday he wasn’t drinking or eating at all so we took him to our regular vet. They gave him a bunch of blood work and some antibiotics and Zantac. The vet told us it was probably either a bacterial infection or mild pancreatitis – sent us home with some more antibiotics and told us he’d call with the results.
He called this morning and said Schroeder (our puppy) has severe pancreatitis (his white blood cell count was at 600…signs of mild pancreatitis start at 200). So we had to take him to the animal hospital so they could hook me up to an IV to give him the fluids and nutrients he needs. Hopefully we’ll be able to take him home tonight.
We’re getting married next month, and so I’m already stressed…our poor baby being sick and the cost associated with it is making it 100 times worse. I’m just trying to remember to try and stay calm, and hoping that Schroeder will be okay and everything will work out. I just needed to write this all down and vent/cry a little to make myself feel better.
This community is amazing, and I really appreciate everyone who always offers support and words of encouragement. Thanks ladies! 🙂