(Closed) B&W wedding??

posted 8 years ago in Themes
  • poll: Would you be okay wearing white to a b&w wedding?
    I'd feel awkward & wear black instead : (33 votes)
    54 %
    It sounds fun, I'd wear white since its asked of me : (22 votes)
    36 %
    Other (please explain) : (6 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 3
    5498 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

I’d do it! That sounds like it would be fun. Probably will look great for pictures!

Post # 4
    838 posts
    Busy bee

I would do it! good idea…

Post # 6
    2695 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

I think that it would be something fun and different.  We have asked our guests to dress 1940s because we are having a USO 1940s inspired wedding.  I have been surprised at how many people are dressing the part.

Also, check out Karen Tran’s website.  She did her engagment party where the guests wore white and she and her Fiance wore Tiffany Blue.  All her decor was white with pops of the blue.  Very pretty!  Might give you some ideas.

Post # 8
    1585 posts
    Bumble bee

I think it sounds awesome but I would definately wear black 🙂

Post # 10
    2208 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

My wedding dress will be the first time I’ve ever worn a whole white outfit in my life. As a really pale person, it isn’t my color. I think if you asked, I would buy something white, but if given the option I would prefer to wear one of the many black dresses I already own.

Post # 11
    1940 posts
    Buzzing bee

I personally would not want to wear white – not because it’s a wedding, but just because black looks so much better on me (I am super pale, can’t get tan for the life of me).  You will have to judge how well your guests would respond to being told what to wear (general guidelines) as well.  My guests would NOT be happy at all.  

I think it’s okay to dress your wedding party however you want, but it’s really tricky when it comes to guests.  You don’t want someone to feel awkward and out of place if they forget and wear a different color scheme that everyone else.

Post # 12
    2214 posts
    Buzzing bee

I think that’s really cute.  As long as you somehow told people that it’s okay to wear white (somewhere in the invitation, on a website, word of mouth), then I would.  I know it’s a faux pas to wear white to a wedding, but if I got the okay and it was sometime in the spring or summer, I think that would look really cute for pictures!

Post # 14
    3564 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I just think it would be strange if the Bridesmaids were the ones who stood out in colored dresses…I would rather have them in black. Other than that, I think it’s a cool idea!

Post # 15
    1245 posts
    Bumble bee

It sounds like it could be fun! But I would wear neither black or white, I’d probably wear a color according to the season the wedding was!

Post # 16
    165 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I think it’s cool!

The topic ‘B&W wedding??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors