- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009
I just thought I would share the story of when the little munchkin came along. I was due September 24, but nothing happened that day (a Friday) or that weekend. I went in that next Monday for a nonstress test, and was having contractions but didn’t know it. The next day I started feeling the contractions and was really crampy, but it went away instead of getting worse.
Wednesday night I started feeling crampy again but didn’t think anything of it. I woke up at 1 am with serious pains, but went back to bed until 5. I woke my husband up and he started timing them, and we decided to call the doctor. The doctor said to come in, and by that point they were what I thought was strong, but they measured me and I wasn’t dilated so I was sent home.
I couldn’t sleep, so we decided to walk around the neighborhood. We ended up walking for hours with me doubling over every once in awhile-can’t imagine what the neighbors think of me. 🙂 Finally at night I call the doctor, but was told that I “didn’t sound like I was in enough pain”. Hm. I am scheduled to be induced the next morning, but they called me and told me they didn’t have room. At this point I sit on the stairs and ball.
I tried to go to bed Thursday night, but was in some serious pain. My husband eventually called the doctor for me, because I was afraid they’d tell me to not come in again. He gets the ok, we drive to the hospital again in a crazy storm, and I get all checked in. Once again, I’m told that I don’t look like I’m in enough pain and I’m probably not dilated. I barely hold the tears in while they check, and I’m dilated 4 cm!! Who hoo!
I had said I wanted an all natural birth, but at this point I was exhausted and in so much pain I wanted the epidural. They couldn’t find the doctor, though, so it took almost an hour. At that point I was 7 cm and ready to scream! Things were progressing quickly, but my blood pressure fell, and then I got a fever, and then my contractions slowed. They gave me medicine to pick up the contractions, but that worked too well and I had to have medicine to slow them down. Good lord!
Finally when I was at 10 cm and they let me labor down for awhile. Unfortunately, the baby’s heart rate kept falling, so I was told we had to push and if I couldn’t get him out in an hour they’d do a C section. I managed to get the job done, with the help of a suction thingy to pull his head out, and at 12:35 on October 1 we welcomed our little guy!
Here’s the little dude after a snow storm. 🙂