(Closed) Baby Making 101

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@Cherylmarie2818: I’m not sure if there are any tried and true methods or if they are just all old wives tales.  I made sure I laid on my back, put a pillow under my hips, put my legs in the air for an unusally long amount of time afterwards, didn’t pee afterwards for about 30 mins. Also, they say to start trying a few days before you ovulate so that it is already inside you and that helps. I don’t know if these worked at all, I got pregnant the first month of trying, but that may just have been luck. Who knows! Anyways, have fun baby making and good luck!

Post # 4
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

OPKs are actually technically more accurate in the afternoon hours.

Some of us used them only in the morning, others only in the afternoon and others 2 or 3 times a day!

Honestly, there are many things you can do to maximize your chances. But it’s really a hit or miss depending on you.

Usually after you peak on your OPK try to have sex within 24-36 hours to maximize your chances.

Post # 6
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I saw the Great Sperm Race and it said that you should continue to have sex throughout the month, if you wait until you are most fertile, his sperm won’t be at its peak because them staying inside his body causes them to die off and kill other newly created sperm.  You should check out the series (it’s on Youtube), it’s really interesting!

Post # 9
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Another tip I’ve heard is to make sure that you orgasm after he finishes so that you “dip” into the sperm and help them get to the egg faster. 

Post # 11
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@BabyBoecksMom:  I hope that is not really true because that sounds like a lot of pressure!  :/  πŸ™‚

Post # 12
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I highly recommend u read ‘what to expect before your expecting’. Has all the info u are wanting.

Post # 13
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I cannot recommend “Taking Charge for your Fertility” enough. 

Post # 14
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@cbee: Nope, that really is widely accepted as truth! Darling Husband and I almost always try that method. πŸ™‚

Post # 15
527 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I don’t know if there are any ‘tricks’.  I fell pregnant to my SO when I was on top and he was in a sitting position… AND it was pre-ejaculation.. so I have no idea how it happened lol

I thought that would be the last way someone would get pregnant but obviously not.. I think it is all the to with the right timing and a little luck πŸ˜›

Post # 16
5883 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MapleBecky: I highly, highly recommend TCOYF (it should be required reading for girl/women!!) and also “Making babies- A proven 3 month program for max fertility”.

The topic ‘Baby Making 101’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors