- 3 years ago
- Wedding: September 2017
I ended up taking misoprostol to induce the MC, which didn’t work, and ended up MC naturally a week later. PM if you want more details or to talk through it. Hopefully, you can talk to a doctor soon and discuss your options.
I’m so sorry for your loss. I am surprised your doctor did not go through your options with you. As a previous person posted, you will usually be given three options, 1) naturally, 2) a pill or 3) D&C. I went through this myself and i initially chose for it to pass naturally, however, after two weeks with nothing, it got frustrating so I scheduled a D&C. They will either give you the twilight option or local anesthesia. Unfortunately, on the day of the D&C, the intake nurse asked me to take the pills to help move things along before the procedure, when I got to the hospital, they were running behind and I ended up passiing it on my own while waiting. It was painful but not unabareable. And once it passed, the pain subsided pretty quickly – just needed a tylenol. Your doctor will also likely schedule an appointment 4 weeks after to make sure everything has passed and there was nothing left behind. I also had a blood test done to confirm.
Again, I’m really sorry you have to go through this. Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself during this time.
Sorry everyone I should clarify the doctor who I saw was at the ultrasound clinic so he wasn’t my doctor but just the doctor who could confirm that the baby stopped growing and to confirm what he ultrasound tech saw. He asked me if I had any questions but I was kinda shocked and frankly he didn’t seem like he wanted to give us the time of day 🙁
I went to the walk in clinic where my prenatal doctor works and I saw a doctor who was very patient and kind and took the time to answer all my questions. 🙂 which really helps tie up the bad morning in a positive way. I think I will use him as my prenatal doctor once we are pregnant again!
He pulled up the results from the ultrasound this morning and said yep it stopped growing last week sometime (around 7 weeks and some days) and that I could wait naturally or take the chemical pill. He said because I’m so early a D&C wouldn’t really be necessary.
I decided to give it a week or two naturally and see if it passes. He said there shouldn’t really be a lot of tissue and the bleeding and cramps should only last about as long as a normal period or so. If it doesn’t happen naturally he did write me a prescription for the intervaginal pill to use if I wish.
Thank you all for your support and insight and I’m so sorry to all of you who have also been through/are going through this as well
I’m sorry for your loss, miscarriage is such a shitty thing to go through!
I had a missed miscarriage last year, there was no heartbeat at approx 6-7 weeks, a collapsing sack at 7-8 weeks and I naturally miscarried at 9-10 weeks (so three weeks between the first scan and the miscarriage completing). Going through it naturally was almost as bad as going through labour and I had three bad episodes of bleeding over three days (I spent a couple of hours in the bathroom with each episode) but it was the right choice for me because I was still nursing my second child.
Look after yourself and don’t be afraid to make the choice that works for your family.