Bridal Shower : (2 votes)
    6 %
    Both : (28 votes)
    85 %
  • Post # 3
    5475 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

I’m not sure which parties I’m having, if any.  It’s up to my girls- if they decide to throw a party, well that’s awesome!!  If not, I might be a little let down, but I wouldn’t let it really bug me.  I did ask them not to throw a traditional bridal shower- I would be perfectly content to have a bridesmaid’s brunch or something.  We already own our home, so we don’t need a lot of “stuff”- so we did a small registry to stock up on things or upgrade other things, but with showers being specifically for gift-giving, I thought it would be best to skip it.

Post # 4
    10288 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

I had both. My bridal shower was perfect and held at my aunts house. Instead of writing it all out, I’ll just post the recap. We invited pretty much all of the women who were invited to our wedding with the exception of the wives of DH’s co-workers who I didn’t know very well at the time. It couldn’t have possibly been any better if I threw it myself. They really blew me away.

My bachelorette consisted of wine tasting, dinner at a fabulous Mexican restaurant, a hysterical comedy show and gay bar karaoke. My Maid/Matron of Honor surprised me with a limo for the night, too. This was kept much smaller and only included my 3 BM’s (including MOH) and my mom and aunt. A few others were invited but between pregnancies and random illnesses they opted not to attend. Oh well, their loss! 

Post # 5
    674 posts
    Busy bee

What do you mean? The bridal party is a group of people. A bachelorette party is an event. Typically, the members of the bridal party who are standing with the bride host the bachelorette party.

Unless there’s completely different terms used elsewhere, but without OP citing a location, I’m confused by the question.

Post # 6
    10288 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

@LibertyBelle:  I assume she means Bridal Shower. 

Post # 7
    585 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I had both to my bridal shower my family and soon to be family was invited along with some friends

to my bachelorette party  it was me 3 of my bridesmaids, my Future Mother-In-Law my mom and 2 of my friends. we went to a cincinnati reds game and tobys keith i love this bar on the river it was a blast! 

Post # 9
    Bee
    1902 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

Both. The bachelorette party is just a night out on the town with my bridesmaids, the shower was a luncheon at a banquet hall with all the women who are invited to the wedding. 🙂

Post # 10
    Hostess
    23602 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

Bachelorette was a night out with just my BMs plus 2 close girl friends, bridal shower was those girls plus women in my life (moms, aunts, cousins, etc etc)!

Post # 11
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I am having 3 bridal showers (family is so spread out, so it was easier). We invited all of the females invited to the wedding basically. For the bachelorette we are having it in a college town where you can go to bars at 18, so we are inviting 18+ and it will probably be more of a younger crowd but the invitation is still there for anyone who wants to come.

Post # 12
    1361 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I’m having both.  The bridal shower is being thrown by my aunts (with some help from bridesmaids) and my female friends and all female family members are invited.  My bridesmaids are throwing the bachelorette party (organized by my sister/MOH) and that’ll just be my bridesmaids and me.

Post # 13
    378 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I wasn’t aware that the bride was technically supposed to host either event or be involved in planning either. The bridal shower was a surprised, at my parents’ house and was small with a bunch of my family and my bridal party. My bachelorette party, which will be June 16th, is also something I’m not technically hosting or running but I’m picking what we’re doing (Max Brenner Union Square for dinner –> Avenue Q –> Shake, Rattle and Roll Piano Bar ~ All in NYC). I think it’s perfectly OK when the bride has a heavy hand in the bachelorette party planning but I’m not really in favor for the bride being involved in the bridal shower unless gifts aren’t really being accepted/expected.

The topic ‘Bachelorette & Bridal Party?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors