(Closed) back from the honeymoon & ready to jump back in! TY question..

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think etiquette dictates that you have 6 months.  I am not 100% sure.

Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Post # 5
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@sorrycharlie: I have an Aunt and Uncle that went to Disneyworld on their honeymoon, and they had a wonderful time.  I’m happy to hear that you had a fun trip, and good family time!!

Post # 6
1696 posts
Bumble bee

Etiquette dictates that thank-you notes must be sent out as soon as possible (it does not “give you six months”!). Since you cannot go back in time, “as soon as possible” in your case would be seven weeks, one day after the wedding. If you have more than half a dozen or so to write, I’d give yourself an extra day for every half dozen you have to write.

And, for gifts that were brought to the wedding, the timer doesn’t start counting until after you get back from your honeymoon, so depending on how long your honeymoon lasted, you’re actually doing even better than seven weeks one day.

Post # 7
3267 posts
Sugar bee

You should send them as soon as possible.  2 months is on the upper end of what is acceptable, IMO.  So, I would get going on them and get them in the mail pronto.

Post # 8
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I still haven’t sent mine. (Bad Helen. Bad.)

Post # 10
5295 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

@sorrycharlie: I’m hopefully sending mine Monday for a wedding that was mid-June. I too went to an early May wedding that we still haven’t gotten the thank you from.

As far as etiquette – soooo many brides do the photo ty now and you have to wait for that. Personally, I think many of my guests will like that, so I think it’s worth the wait. Just get them out when are able to – honestly none of your guests are sitting at home thinking ‘OMG! that ungrateful wretch has not sent me her thank you yet!” And if so, they need to get a life 😉 They’ll be appreciative to get it when they get it (provided it’s not like, next May or something:P

Post # 12
3267 posts
Sugar bee

@sorrycharlie: Or they were just polite and didn’t point out her etiquette mistakes.

The topic ‘back from the honeymoon & ready to jump back in! TY question..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors