(Closed) Bad e-pics! i had no idea FI and & were so unphotogenic!

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
1066 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I kinda felt that way too after seeing our photos.  The good thing is now you will know what NOT to do for the wedding.  You will know which poses & expressions work, and which ones don’t work for you two.  Sometimes you also get so many photos that it’s disappointing to see so many bad ones.  I would just pick out the best ones, and not look at the rest, and focus on how you can edit those good ones to look better… thats what I did, and I already feel a bit better about them.

Post # 4
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Okay, well, if you hate all of your pictures, why are you making a photo guest book?  It seems like a waste of time if you’re going to cringe every time you look at it.

If you’re concerned about the lack of posed styles (both of you facing the camera), speak up!  Now’s the time to go over your concerns with your photographer before you hate all of your wedding pictures too.

I’d also be concerned about the black and white thing.  That has nothing to do with you and your Fiance being unphotogenic… a lot of times it’s used to cover up a picture where the lighting or color-balance was off, because black and white is much more forgiving than color.  All of your pictures shouldn’t have come back black and white, that sounds like a photographer issue.

Post # 5
1405 posts
Bumble bee

Sounds like a photographer issue to me too.  The all B&W thing is a concern.  It’s often used to cover up exposure issues.  Also, your photographer should be guiding you and previewing the images and making adjustments, not just shooting away photojournalistically.  How many images did you get?

The lack of a good standard head on pose defeats the purpose of the engagement shoot too.  I would voice my concerns to the photographer.

Post # 6
1066 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

That is weird about the black and white… did you see a portfolio of a few FULL weddings that he has shot?  Anyone can take some good shots to put up on a website… but you want a photog where you love most of the photos from a shoot.  Is it realistic to find another photographer at this point?

Post # 7
1371 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Totally sounds like a photographer issue!  Our photographer sent us about 250 images, maybe 10% of those were black and white, and of those 10%, almost everyone was also offered in colour.

Don’t think you guys are not photogenic, think your photographer isn’t the best.  Often website galleries only show the BEST of the BEST of images captured.  SO he posts 12 out of 1200 that are best…from his gigs, you are not getting a tru representation of their work.

Unfortunately, you probably should have brought this up back in June when you received them and voiced your issues then.  Not to instill panic, but I’d be freaking about my wedding pics too, and would likely hire a second photographer form somewhere, no matter the cost.  You can redo engagement pics, you can’t truly re-do wedding pics…

Post # 8
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Sounds like it may be a good idea to start looking for a new wedding day photographer. Even an amateur photographer should get a few lucky shots that you love during an e-session. Very bad news if you dont like a single one.

Post # 9
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

If you decide to let him shoot your wedding, I would ask for a credit or $ in the place of the guestbook.

Post # 11
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It would probably be a good start if you make a list laying out all of the images that are important to you. I mean, it looks like your wedding is in a week, so it’s not like you can get a new photographer, but you need to speak up NOW about your concerns and make sure your photographer at least understands what’s important to you.

The topic ‘Bad e-pics! i had no idea FI and & were so unphotogenic!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors