- 5 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
I love bananas they are awesome and tasty. Fiance and I went to the amusement park last friday for our 7th anniversary. It’s been ridiculously hot so we decided to cool down with some ice cream. I got banana with chocolate chunks and walnuts, it was delicious. The next day I woke up with a familiar and unwelcome feeling. Itchy mouth? check Diarrhea? check Painful intestines? check…dammit I know I didn’t eat fish last night which I’m allergic to. You know what caused my lovely allergic reaction? That darn banana ice cream.
Back in college I got exposed to pure concentrated isopentyl acetate aka banana oil and had such a severe allergic reaction I almost died. Since then I’ve been eating bananas without a problem up until that ice cream. On Sunday I tried to eat a banana and only made it halfway through before my stomach started burning and my mouth started itching. I don’t want to be allergic to bananas . I’ve already been deprived of tuna melts, I don’t want to give up bananas and all of their delicious derivaties too. I also did some reading and apparently isopentyl acetate is the bee pheremone for Sting the intruder!! So now I get to worry about bee stings too :/