2552 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Mine was right at $1300

Post # 33
    209 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I got mine on sale for $1109…the alterations are gonna be a buttload tho =( It’s all lace. I’m going to have to make it shorter, let it out or add a corset back, and add a bustle. I’ve already gotten a quote and it’s going to be at least $300 to make it shorter and $200-250 to let it out/change to corset. I think the bustle is about $20 per point.

with the petticoat underneath…still haven’t decided if I’ll use the petticoat of not

Post # 34
    4464 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

Mine wasn’t a crazy bargain because I had a lot of changes I had to make, but it was around the price you listed in the title. 

My dress originally was Casablanca 2004. When I found the dress it was on sale for under $1000. I have no idea what the original price was, or if it was a major discount or not, but I do know that the sale price was written in red ink on the tag so I know that it was on sale. 

For religious reasons I needed to line the sheer neckline and add sleeves. On top of that, I was looking for a ballgown (ended up with an a-line) and the Casablanca 2004 is a fit and flare a-line (that’s how it’s described on the website). I ordered it with a totally different full a-line skirt on it. I knew that any dress I bought would need alterations for modesty so I knew that the price of my dress would be more than the sticker price regardless. It was convenient that I chose a designer who could make the custom changes in my order so I didn’t have to buy extra fabric and have a seamstress do it for me after. 

Post # 35
    216 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Got a new Maggie Sottero Miri for $650 with a bustle already added thanks to a bride who gained some weight and couldn’t fit into it in time. So excited!

Post # 36
    4027 posts
    Honey bee

I bought my dress at sample sale (so new used?!?!) for $900, regular $1780.

Post # 37
    1044 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Hi, fellow queens girl! 

I’ve yet to purchase my dress but I found some amazing deals when I went looking. I went to a few very nice salons In my area that were all having sample sales. I was amazed at the beautiful dresses that were available for $500-$800!!! I had reverse sticker shock!

invest some time scoping out which places have sample sales coming up and make your appts there!

Post # 38
    3274 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

My dress was originally $850 but the bridal shop had 50% black friday sale so I got it for $425! It’s an Ella Rosa

Post # 39
    337 posts
    Helper bee

Mine was $1000 usually but I bought the sample so it was $500 and beautiful 🙂 I’m going to wear it a little less poofy though, my crinoline is smaller. 

Post # 40
    1572 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Mine was $700 at a local bridal salon. Originally $1050 but I got 40% off for buying off the rack. 🙂

Post # 41
    1041 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I went to a sample sale a local salon and got a Maggie Sottero for 75% off!  However, I found a dress that was more “me” so now I’m selling the Maggie for how much I paid…just $230!!!

Post # 43
    1151 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
    @star_dust:  You look absolutely stunning! I love the sleeves you added.

Post # 44
    2142 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I got my dress for really cheap on ebay, only $75! definately one of the best deals I’ve ever gotten!

Post # 45
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

When I was dress shopping, I told the ladies helping me that my budget was $1000.  Most of the time the dresses pulled were $1300.  The last dress I tried on at my 3rd appointment was a winner within seconds of slipping it on.  I fell in love fast and hard.  And then after going gaga over this dress, I cringled as I asked the price.  But, it was only $950!! 

If you are looking for a steal, I highly recomment Mori Lee.  The quailty is perfect and the price is right!!

Post # 46
    3315 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

Ours were $450 each from a consignment store:

The topic ‘Bargin Brides.. Dresses under $1300’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors