(Closed) Bay Area Brides, where are you having your wedding & reception?

posted 9 years ago in San Francisco Bay Area
Post # 3
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We’re having our wedding at Holy Cross Church (Santa Cruz), and reception at the Sesnon House (Aptos).  When we were venue hunting I absolutely fell in love with Kennolyn, but it was too expensive, and we didn’t think we’d be able to meet the Saturday minimum (125 people).

Post # 4
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

If East Bay works for you, I recommend the Brazil Room in Tilden Park (Berkeley Hills).  It is really pretty, very reasonable, and you have plenty of time to book it.  It does tend to book up quickly, but if you book it in early 2010 then there is a good chance your date will be available.

Post # 5
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

A friend had her wedding at Valley Presbyterian Church in Portola Valley (near Palo Alto) and her reception at The Historic Del Monte in Sunnyvale. The church has an amazing view, see attached picture. The Historic Del Monte is gorgeous too. I beleive you can have your wedding their also but I am not sure.

My SIL is getting married at Fortino Winery in Gilroy.

[attachment=503564,66372]

Post # 6
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Hihi,

Check out Herecomestheguide.com It has a ton of venue sites to look at – and in all the areas of the bay.

Let us know some details to we can better help you – church or no church? ceremony and reception at the same place ideally or doesn’t matter? where in the bay area are u concentrating on?

If you like wineries, the ones in Livermore/pleasanton have been awesome – especially Casa Real Winery which can fit ~500 people. It’s beautiful and they have their sh*t together 🙂

Post # 7
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’ve been to a wedding at The Brazilian Room — really nice, but you have to use their list of caterers.

Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet center does all-inclusive weddings in different parts of the bay area.

There are so many cool options here that I can’t wait to get engaged so I can figure something fun out. lol…

Also, lots of restaurants would do a reasonable (using that term loosely… lol) wedding reception (RNM, Foreign Cinema, Poleng Lounge to name a few). There are quite a few art galleries and loft spaces that do private events.

I would check out Yelp for some suggestions as lot of the more unique things are not on the wedding related websites.

Post # 9
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am from MN but i recently attended a wedding at Wente Vineyards, although it’s clearly outside of the bay area, it was beautiful, they had an outside ceremony and dinner was also outside, it then began to rain shortly after dinner so all staff were quick at getting everything inside to continue the BEAUTIFUL reception.

They had us stay at a great hilton hotel in livermore and provided transportation for their 100 guests to the wedding and back!! I would DEFINITLEY reccommend it!

Post # 11
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

ha, sure 🙂 Like i said i’m from Minnesota! But it definitely was a great place for a wedding, and seemed to have a lot of what youwanted with an outdoor ceremony with the option to move indoors!  It was beautiful, i should post some photos!

Post # 12
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

the palm event center or th Casa Real at the mitchell katz winery in livermore wine valley …

if you’re having a fairly small wedding. Wente’s Murrietta’s well is GORGEOUS! the Fiance and i would love to get married there..unfortunately we’re looking at a guest list of 400..

Post # 13
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@connoCat: we are getting married at the Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery with a guest list of 400.  So far, they have been more than accommodating, and I couldn’t be happier 🙂

Post # 14
64 posts
Worker bee

We will be having it at Heather Farm Garden in Walnut Creek =)

[attachment=591453,77263]

Post # 15
1088 posts
Bumble bee

Brazilian Room would be nice – lots of trees.

Scotts Seafood in Jack London square is nice and on the water.

Wedgewood has good prices but Gilroy is WAY nicer than San Ramon (all-inclusive)

Freedom Hall is good deal but not so unique (7,000-10,000 all-inclusive)

Fortino’s Winery in Gilroy is where I’m getting married.  We’re having around 150 guests and it’s about 9,000.  It’s outside on the “Redwood Terrace” and they are awesome there.  I can arrive at 10am and we have the place til 10pm (6 hour of “event” time though, other hours for set up and bridal suite). 

[attachment=634410,82642]

Post # 16
1088 posts
Bumble bee

@ Sweetkate, when is your SIL getting married at Fortino?  Our date there is 8/21. 

The topic ‘Bay Area Brides, where are you having your wedding & reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors