Bay area California redwood wedding under $5000ish

posted 8 months ago in Venue
Post # 2
3852 posts
Honey bee

From a previous thread or two, I don’t think this is possible. If you were the one that started those threads, I don’t understand why you’re still asking. I would come up with a different idea.

Post # 3
7229 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2016

As a Bay Area bride (who has attended several Bay Area weddings in recent years), you need to change your parameters. I’ve attended ONE wedding that was less than 5k in recent years and the only thing that made it possible was that it happened at a private home.

I would look into renting a private home, making it very VERY small and (possibly) separating your legal and spiritual cermonies. We did a private pop up ceremony in a park (literally drove around, found a gorgeous setting, hopped out of the car in our wedding gear and did a private (non legal) hella fun personal vows moment) and then went on to our official wedding and party at another location. We decided to do that because we were having similar issues you are describing.

My Father-In-Law attended a wedding at the beach where the party was everyone playing volleyball – again, the only way this worked out was that they did the “ceremony” elsewhere and everyone was very dressed down and low key.

Post # 5
4605 posts
Honey bee

This does not exist.

Post # 7
4605 posts
Honey bee

$5k for the venue rental fee? Still doesn’t exist. 

Post # 8
499 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Check out UC Botanical Gardens or Piedmont Community Hall & Ampitheater. Both have rental fees in your ballpark range. I’ve see lots of photos from the Botanical gardens and have attended a wedding a the piedmont community hall. Though they are in “urban” areas, there are redwoods and it still feels like you are out in the woods. The botanical gardens is a little above your budget, but Piedmont Community Hall & Ampitheater is totally doable for around $5k. 
example: Jordan + Austin | Piedmont Community Hall Wedding (cheersbabephoto.com)

Post # 9
499 posts
Helper bee

Also, while it’s not heavy on redwoods, the Brazilian Room and the area around it in Berkeley is beatiful and feels very outdoorsy since it’s in the hills. I attended a wedding there and it was stunning. Also in your budget.

Post # 10
4605 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@sunshine809:  she wants an outdoor reception with music allowed. Those are all indoor.

Post # 11
499 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@zl27:  The Piedmont Community Hall has outdoor reception options with indoor dancing.  It’s pretty close. The wedding I attended pretty much felt like an outdoor reception.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors