Macy's : (29 votes)
    38 %
    Bed Bath & Beyond : (48 votes)
    62 %
  • Post # 3
    8738 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

@Violet Violet: Where else are you already registered?

Post # 4
    510 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I did both, (They were our only registries) but if I had to choose one, I’d do BBB. They have everything and more!

Post # 6
    85 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

Once you start selecting flatware, china and stemware, the choice might be easier.  I was debating a few different options for our registry, but in the end, Macy’s was the only one that had the flatware that we wanted… so, problem solved.

Post # 7
    232 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

Macys, they have a better selection of items to me.

Post # 8
    1580 posts
    Bumble bee

Definitely BB&B. The return policy can’t be beat.

Post # 9
    1030 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

For us BBB basically had the same stuff but at MUCH cheaper (like applicances and flatware).

Post # 10
    447 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

BOTH! hehee. Um..so hard..but I guess in the end it’s BBB cause I have so much fun in that store everytime I go!

Post # 11
    605 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I did Macy’s only, and didn’t love it, honestly. Several gifts arrived broken (packed very badly). We returned one item by mail (about $100) that they lost and still won’t give us credit for after lots of time wasted on the phone with customer support. Finally, their selection wasn’t great and many of the things we chose quickly became unavailable. It was convenient for most of our guests, however, which is why I chose them, and we did get some very nice things.

Post # 12
    7173 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

BBB has an awesome return policy and a huge selection – plus, guests benefit from the 20% off coupons!  (So will you – they give you a 20% off shopping day, post-wedding)

Post # 13
    3219 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I have both

Post # 14
    461 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

We’re registered at Williams & Sonoma, Macys and Amazon. Amazon is our go to registry though. We moved stuff we registered for at W&S to Amazon because the prices were so much better. 

Post # 15
    2058 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We did Macy’s and if I could do it all over again I would have done BB&B  not Macys Undecided  My vote is BB&B for all the reasons pp mention above. 

Post # 16
    1205 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

We’re doing Macy’s, partly because it’s very convenient and “traditional” for both our families (so, the majority of guests).  Other reasons are that they had the Mikasa china that Fiance and I both loved, they are conveniently located for us, the online registry is easy to use, and the rewards program is awesome 🙂  Hoping we don’t regret it!

The topic ‘BB&B or Macy’s?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors