(Closed) BB&B Return Policy

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I didn’t know that cash was ever even an option?  I always just assumed and they never told us any different that it would be store credit and that as long as it was on our registry that we could return it without the recipt.

They have so much stuff that for us store credit was awesome!  I mean they have china and solar lights for the yard – we were sold 🙂

-Best

Post # 4
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

What!??? Really?

When we registered 6 months ago, the woman who helped us said that you could return anything on your registry, no questions asked, for cash, store credit or exchange, whatever you wanted.

Post # 5
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I just returned a few china sets that we received but didn’t need and we got store credit too. Even the ones we had receipts for.

Post # 8
167 posts
Blushing bee

I returned a set of spatulas at the end of August and was given cash.

Maybe it was because it was after the wedding (how long has it been?), or maybe they cut off giving cash at a certain price-point?

Post # 9
139 posts
Blushing bee

@moderndaisy: We did for the 4 sets we had receipts for… but that was a no-go. She said it depended on how the buyer paid for it… So not sure if that is always the case or what…

Post # 10
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

It might also vary by store – like, if the policy changed, some stores may be enforcing the policy while others don’t. Gees, I hope we don’t get duplicates; we registered for what we want and don’t really need anything else from BB&B. :/

C’mon folks, remember that poor, neglected Amazon registry… haha.

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee

@moderndaisy: I know… That’s what we were hoping! We could’ve used the cash… Oh well, we’re combining it with our gift cards and going on a nice shopping spree tomorrow at BB&B 😀

Also, regarding how much time has passed since the wedding… It has been about a month and a half. Not sure about them cutting off after a certain price-point, which would be kind of lame. If they accepted our 4 china sets that had the receipts for cash-back, we would’ve received around 200.

Post # 13
459 posts
Helper bee

I know at like walmart and target if you paid with a credit card (on recipt) then you get store credit.  If you paid with cash you can get cash back.  I guess it’s because of the fees they incur when clients use credit cards?

Post # 14
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Yeah, we had almost $300 worth of stuff to return at BBB after the wedding (lots of doubles, etc.), and I was NOT happy when the woman told me we could not get cash. She claimed that hasn’t been an option the whole time she’s been there, which she said was a few years. So, now we’re waiting until one of their 20% off registry completion events to buy a few of the big things we didn’t want. Still, what a disappointment. We had stuff on other registries we would have put the money toward.

Post # 16
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I returned an item (wo/ a receipt) to BB&B on Sunday and was given cash. Yet, a few weeks before I returned a different item (w/ a receipt) to a different store and told I had to take store credit. So, if it is their new policy, not everyone is enforcing it.

The topic ‘BB&B Return Policy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors