(Closed) BBQ For 125 People

posted 10 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

125 people for your rehearsal dinner?! Sheesh, girl! That’s a big ol’ rehearsal dinner! Hey- where are you located? If you’re in the South I may be able to recommend some folks for you. I’m doing BBQ for my wedding for 125-ish guests next year (great minds think alike, right?), so I’ll let you know what I’ve dug up so far. If you’re not in the South, then I may not be able to help, but I wish you the best of luck!

Post # 4
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

We are also doing a BBQ rehersal but I’m just going to a restruant and going with they suggest :eP

http://www.stonefiregrill.com

Post # 5
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

We are also doing a BBQ rehersal but I’m just going to a restruant and going with they suggest :eP

http://www.stonefiregrill.com

Post # 6
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Is your family making all the food?  Or going through a restaurant?  The restaurant should be able to help you.   (if you guys are whipping everything up yourself maybe you could borrow the serving suggestions per person that caterers posts online??)

Post # 7
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

We are also doing a bbq rehearsal, but are going through a caterer. If you plan to make everything yourself, perhaps you could browse at a local place that serves bbq and see if they have catering menus. The menus would probably give you an idea of the quantities they provide for groups. Good luck!

Post # 8
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

My mom works in the catering business, so I will try to help. Think 1/2 pound of meat (tri-tip OR chicken) per person. If someone eats both, they will most likely take smaller portions of each. This allows for bird-like eaters and can make up for those who stuff themselves. For the sides, think about how much you would make for a normal family meal and multiply it for the amount of people you will have. I would get a small keg of beer and some sodas (but most people will probably drink water and beer). For tha cake, go to Costco (or the equivalent) and ask the bakery, but don’t tell them for 125 people, tell them more like 75-100. I rarely eat cake at parties (the same with most of my friends and family) and if I do, I always ask for a very small slice. Also, you want to feed your guests, but most people eat less at parties than they do at a normal dinner, so keep that in mind, as well. Hope that helps!

Post # 9
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I don’t have the site addresses off the top of my head, but I remember doing a search for something like this and finding some estimates for how much of each popular item to prepare for a banquet with 50, 100, 150 people, etc. We’ll likely be doing the reception food ourselves and I wanted to make sure we weren’t left with waay too much food.

The topic ‘BBQ For 125 People’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors