(Closed) Be Honest: Are You a TEENY Bit Worried About 12/21??

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Are you a little worried about tomorrow being doomsday? (12/21)
    No, I'm not worried at all. : (130 votes)
    64 %
    Ok, I may have gotten the teeniest bit nervous, but I still think nothing will happen. : (56 votes)
    28 %
    I'm a little nervous; I admit it. : (11 votes)
    5 %
    I'm pretty terrified of it actually. : (2 votes)
    1 %
    Worried? No. I have a freaking fallout shelter in my house. You may become a zombie, but I'm good. : (1 votes)
    0 %
    What's tomorrow???? : (3 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 47
    11268 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

@sweetchiquita12:  that is so funny.

i am not too worried.  no one around here is concerned (i have a home an hour from chichen itza) so i guess i don’t need to be.  it’s already so busy here with tourists.

Post # 48
    1623 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

nope. 

Post # 49
    7899 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

The Maya didn’t ever theorize that this meant the end of the world. A bunch of silly Americans looked at their calendar completely out of context and made up this whole hysteria.  The world was supposed to end numerous times in my life already and we are still here.

Post # 50
    1130 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I mean, A. The Mayans didn’t account for leap year, B. The calendar doesn’t mean the end of the world, it’s just a new cycle. C. I think it’s a bunch of crap.

That being said though, living in DC, I like PPs am actually a little worried about people thinking it’s the end of the world and doing stupid things. Hopefully people don’t go crazy though.

Post # 51
    10713 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

@Misfit:  LOL possibly. It’ll all be over soon… I have a few friends that actually believe it so it’s been a fun few months for me. =/

Post # 53
    5656 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2012

Nope, not even a little. There is absolutely no reason why the world should end tomorrow specifically.

I am a little worried people will freak out tomorrow and vandalize things and crap.

Post # 55
    Bee
    1466 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Father\'s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

I’m not worried about tomorrow as a day, I really don’t think the world is going to end, but I am worried about the idiots who do think that world is going to end and do stupid things. Like if you want to hole up in your house, go for it, but you know there is going to be some idiot who raids a store or steals something or does something terrible just because they are convinced that the world is going to end.

Post # 56
    732 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

im one of those ” what if…?” people aswell.

Post # 57
    3941 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Well considering it’s already the 21st in other countries…I think we’ll be okay.

But if I’m being totally honest?  I’ve had some anxiety about it.  But I have major anxiety about dying in general.

Post # 58
    2742 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

@Chaoslight:  Still not worried, but if you’re worried you could come over and write one of these two papers I’m working on simultaneously. They are so dry you’ll fall asleep in no time.

Post # 59
    3941 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@Chaoslight:   Someone explained to me in another thread that the “leap year” thing doesn’t apply because the mayan calendar is not linear like ours, it’s circular.

Post # 61
    9028 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Not in slightest

The topic ‘Be Honest: Are You a TEENY Bit Worried About 12/21??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors