This is my first post! I am not engaged, but we have looked at rings and of course are planning on getting married. I have my heart set on May 25, 2014 (May 25 is our anniversary AND it is on a weekend so it seems perfect) and the SO has agreed on this date. He is turning 29 this year and I just turned 25 (complete with a quarter life crisis). I want to be prepared so I have done quite a bit of planning without a ring… but I am a planner- it’s what I do!!
1. Looked at engagement rings/ wedding bands with SO.
2. Visited 3 wedding venues with SO.
3. I had my SO purchase wedding planning software.
4. My SO has also purchased several wedding magazines- love looking through those!
5. I have completed my guestlist with all the names (slowly collecting addresses). SO has written his guestlist down but they are not in the guestlist database.
6. We have made a budget spreadsheet.
7. We have made a list of groomsmen and bridesmaids, but they have not been finalized.
8. We have discussed colors, but haven’t figured that out yet.
9. We selected our cake flavor/icing, as well as most of the food, but we LOVE food!
10. We found the singer/guitarist we want to perform at the wedding.
11. I do have a binder with pictures from magazines of bridesmaid dresses,color schemes, flowers, etc. As well as a folder on my computer with pictures I like organized by category and saved.
12. I have a wedding dress bank account and started saving.
I’m glad this post exists, it makes me feel less cRaZy!! A couple of my very close friends (2) know I started planning, but I would feel silly and slightly embarassed if the whole world knew. idk why.
I’m hoping we will be engaged in the next year!