Post # 1
I want to know, nesting ladies, what your upcoming project list is, be it planning parties, home decor/reno’s, personal improvement etc … Which are you excited for and which need to be done and you dread?
On my project list for the next month is:
- Finish laundry room (the walls/floors by October 7th when the new washer/dryer come and the counter/shelving and lighting by mid-month. I am excited to make our laundry room a place I want to be!
- Put out halloween decorations, and the christmas lights (before it snows because then it isn’t safe to be in the roof)
- Cut back to 1 coffee and one caffeinated pop a day.
On my project list for the next year is:
- Re-decorate the master bedroom (re-paint, find and hang pictures, other decorative touches)
- Add more decorative touches to the rest of the main floor (new dining set, more art/pictures on walls, add more decorative accents)
- Finish the 2 downstairs bedrooms and bathroom (they need drywall, flooring, and the fixtures installed). I dread the drywalling/mudding and taping, but I am insanely excited to decorate the new rooms!
- Get pregnant (LOL)
- Next summer: Finish the landscaping in the yard (front and back), and start the pond – I dread the landscaping!
So what big projects are you tackling?
Post # 3
Our big project for the coming year is saving for and buying a house. That will dictate the rest of the projects based on what that needs.
As for our condo, we’re planning to paint before we put it on the market, and probably rent a storage unit to help with the “staging”, rather than looking like what it is. Two people and all their crap crammed in.
Post # 4
– Finish our wedding album, hopefully before our anniversary!
– hang up a framed map for which hubs and I built the frame
– Print pics from our travels to put in frames and decorate a bit – make album for our France/Spain trip
– travel to Costa Rica
– Removing all the carpet in the house and do the flooring.
Post # 5
@egb: You totally reminded me that I get our wedding pics back in 2 weeks, and I have to make albums for us and our parents … I want to get them to them before Christmas, so I need to get going on it!
Post # 6
My list is too long!
Repaint dining room, paint living room, hang art.
Finish unpacking and organizing basement.
Decorate rest of house.
Relandscape parts of yard. We’re going to xeriscape.
All kinds of fix it projects. (106 year old house!)
Design and find builder for kitchen island. (I’m most excited about this!)
Create our holiday cards…
But mostly, I’ll be cleaning, working, doing laundry, making babyfood, taking care of the baby, and hopefully snowboarding a little!
Post # 7
We aren’t doing any nesting because we are in a rental so our main thinsg is saving for a new place and getting back in my pre-wedding shape.
Post # 8
@Mrs. DG: We are using elements of xeriscaping as well, we are going to be sod-free, and once our shrubs are trees are established we shouldn’t need any supplemental water if we keep with what we are doing. We are putting in a ton of paving stones, paths and a big circle of a lounge/play area in the middle of the yard, as well as a pond with a water wall, and all of our shrubs and plants in the back will be in low planters. We do want a veggie garden, so that area won’t be xeriscaped, but will be in the low planters, to match the rest.
Post # 9
I just did a lot of redecorating (simple things like hanging photos) b/c I have a friend coming to visit soon.
My next projects will be making chanukah presents and I’m going to DIY our photo holiday cards this year.
Post # 10
We are also currently renting, and are saving to buy sometime next year (hopefully!) So I guess right now we are just focused on not spending money when we don’t have to! 🙂
Post # 11
Ahh we have so much to do now that the wedding is over:
So far we have:
- Installed hard wood floors
- Installed new baseboards
- Bought a new sectional
- Rebuilt a cabinet that had water damage (now just open shelving for microwave, etc)
- Cleared out weeds in front bed
We still have to do:
- Plant something in front flower bed
- Trim trees before fall
- Plant sod in back yard
- Finish painting living room
- Tackle master bathrooms (remove wall paper and repaint)
- Pull up carpeting from sun room (probably not until after winter)
- Decorate master bedroom (new curtains and some paint)
Post # 12
I just started grad school, so that’s beginning to monopolize my time, but otherwise:
- Hang photo collage above one living room couch
- Finish mounting and framing my movie ticket stubs (I’ve been collecting as long as I can remember)
- Get rid of our old plates and cooking pans
- Hang curtains in our living room (in that case, find curtain panels other than sheers for the super long window!)
- Finish our wedding album
- Find a table for the porch (it’s a little screened in 2nd story porch)
- Put together my fall wreath
- Plant our cranberry tree and herbs
- Go through my holiday decor collection and decide what I really want to keep
Post # 13
We’ve just started looking around in the housing market to buy – so most of our projects are going to do with that. I also have to;
– go to the German embassy and legally change my surname to my married name
– book flights for Munich and Madrid next year
– get our side photography company set up and on it’s feet by Christmas otherwise it’ll never be done
– find myself a regular paying job, I’m changing careers at the moment so it’s harder than usual