(Closed) Bed & Breakfast “Mini-Moons” !! Suggestions?!

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

The week we got engaged we stayed at the East Bay Bed and Breakfast in Jamestown, Rhode Island.  We LOVED the place as well as Jamestown in general.  It’s very relaxing with a small town, good food, and a park with a beautiful lighthouse.  It’s also very close to Newport for a day trip if you’d want to do that but we found staying in town just as fun.  

Post # 5
3982 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have always wanted to go to a B&B… we do have a week before we leave for out Honeymoon. Do I feel an excuse to try one coming? Yes. Yes I do!

Post # 7
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I don’t know any specific B&B’s but some area’s in the NE to check out: The Adirondacks (NY), The Berkshires (MA), Burlington Vermont, Lake George NY…. some of my favorite places!

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We are actually take a trip next weekend to a B&B on Cape Ann (MA) next weekend. I expect it to be wonderful and relaxing. We also got a special deal on a room with a fireplace!

I agree with the PP who recommended the Adirondacks…it’s one of my favorite places to be, but I usually camp there or drive up for a day trip when I’m home so I don’t know the B&Bs.

Post # 11
7 posts
Newbee

my fiance and i had the same idea! we’re from montreal/toronto and we’re thinking of doing a few days in NYC after our july wedding (which coincidentally is also my birthday!)…we visited NYC briefly last summer on our way to florida and didnt get to see much so we figured it would be a great time to go back! we plan to take a “real” honeymoon to a beach sometime in fall or winter! =D

Post # 13
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@April_Fools_Bride: Thank you! We are going to Seven South Street Inn. We had originally inquired about having our wedding there after seeing so many great reviews about the Inn. Unfortunately, they do not hold events there anymore, but the owner was so nice that we decided we would stay there for our weekend getaway.

Post # 14
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Look at Virginia wine country if you want to stay East Coast — there are a lot there.  Also, if you’re going to the West Coast, we stayed at one in Napa and one outside of Portland in the Willamette Valley (if you see a theme, it’s that we like visiting wineries).  PM me if you want where we stayed.  Love B&Bs … and the idea of two honeymoons!

Post # 15
143 posts
Blushing bee

check out ogunquit, maine and rockport, mass

The topic ‘Bed & Breakfast “Mini-Moons” !! Suggestions?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors