(Closed) Bed & Breakfast “Mini-Moons” !! Suggestions?!

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 18
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We’re doing our honeymoon in Southwest Virginia and staying at a b&b in Christiansburg, The Oaks Victorian. We’re getting their guest house which has a private hot tub. Very nice.

Since you’re flexible about location I would recommend checking out Living Social’s escapes. Right now they have deals around 50% off and it’s also a great way to hear about b&bs you wouldn’t hear about otherwise!

Post # 19
2870 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

If you want to go down south I suggest savannah.

They have TONS of historic B&B’s. It is an uber romantic city too.

Post # 20
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

There’s a B&B in North Conway, New Husband called the Cabernet Inn. The room we had had a private bathroom and a jacuzzi tub right in the room. Plus the owners were just lovely. We stayed there for Christmas a few years ago and truly had a great time.

It all depends on how far you want to go though. I know a great B&B in Seattle and one in Maryland on the only inhabited island in the Chesapeake Bay. We also stayed at a nice one in St. Michaels.

Can you tell Mr. Lox loves B&Bs? 😉

Post # 21
1423 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I second Savannah!  As far as gorgeous, romantic cities go it can’t be beat and the weather would be great in April.  (You can also stroll the streets cocktail in hand;)  There are tons of great B&Bs.  I’ve stayed at the B&B Inn and loved it, although there are others that are more upscale and might be more of what you are looking for. 

Post # 22
245 posts
Helper bee

Fiance and I stayed at a B&B in Brattleboro, VT called 40 Putney Rd.  It was a fabulous weekend.  http://www.fortyputneyroad.com/  The owners used to live in Manhattan, and the wife was a chef, so the breakfasts were phenomenal.  There were a lot of outdoorsy options and some excellent restaurants.  It’s a very artsy community too.

Another recommendation would be Asheville, NC.  I’m moving there in a few weeks, and there are some beautiful B&Bs in the area and a ton to do for visitors!

Post # 24
659 posts
Busy bee

We live right next to an amazing B&B in Washington, DC, called the Swann House Inn – their breakfasts smell so good and I can often smell them from the street or my apartment when it’s nice out and the windows are open. 

It’s absolutely gorgeous and in a great location for DC sightseeing, dining, and general fun.  They have beautiful rooms, a pool in the warmer months, and all that.  I highly suggest checking it out if you’re looking for a close-by B&B in a city!

Post # 26
5654 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

We’re totally doing the B&B thing! We’re staying at a place right outside San Antonio Texas

http://www.meyerbedandbreakfast.com/

4 days for under $700 in one of their suites/jacuzzi tub & larger shower… and their grounds look beautiful.

They were on the top Hill-Country B&B list I found and are only 30 min from San Antonio so a day trip to the Alamo & Riverwalk are definitely a requirement.

Def check them out… so far I’m really pleased with their customer service =)

Post # 27
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

You must, must, must try Bishop Farm B&B in Lisbon, New Husband. It’s in the White Mountains of New Hampshire which is a beautiful location with so many wonderful things to do! My husband I are first discovered it when we went there for Valentine’s weekend of 2009. It’s since become our weekend get-away location and last October we got married there.

Their website is http://www.bishopfarm.com …you should definitely check it out. The owner, Annie, is honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met and she runs an amazing B&B. The rooms are immaculate and perfectly decorated, the location cannot be beat, and her country breakfasts are delicious! Annie will make sure you have EVERYTHING you need to make it a perfect getaway. She’s one of those people who will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

There is a cute town right down the road called Littleton and it has lots of great shops and some amazing restaurants. You should definitely go to Trip Advisor and read all of the amazing reviews guests have left. They have a 100% rating and are rated as the #1 B&B in the White Mountains and the #2 B&B in all of New Hampshire!

Here is a photo of the barn on property that I LOVE so much!

Post # 28
1552 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We are probably going to Gatlinburg.  Here’s what we are looking at:

http://www.yourcabin.com/666ShootingStarr.aspx

It is a two-story private cabin in the woods with a 52″ TV, a full kitchen, two baths, jacuzzi and a hot tub on the deck overlooking the mountains.  Of course my husband thinks the best part is the loft with the pool table.  Go figure.  This one is about $200/night, but there are cheaper (and more expensive) cabins too.

Of course, if the OP wants to stay closer to home, I would think there are similar cabins in the Poconos and in Lancaster County.

Post # 29
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’d check out Cape May, NJ- Annapolis, MD- Williamsburg, VA and the Hudson River Valley, NY.  Great B&B’s and plenty to do in each area.  Plus they are all an easy drive (under 5 horus) from Lancaster. 

Post # 31
5654 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

Oh YEAH.. infact if you want to make a long day trip there is a BBQ place that is the BEST… or atleast that’s what they’ve been rated many many years =)

http://www.blacksbbq.com/

They are probably a 3-4 hr drive from Where the B&B is

Really though… good BBQ is all through out this place lol

The topic ‘Bed & Breakfast “Mini-Moons” !! Suggestions?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors