(Closed) Bed & Breakfast on Wedding Night; WEIRD???

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Does you have your own private bathroom?  We’ve stayed at bed and breakfasts a few times and we’ve never had an issue with privacy (we stayed at one both on the vacation which we got engaged on and on our honeymoon).  Plus it’s nice to get up and have someone else make breakfast for you.  I prefer bed and breakfasts as long as they seem to be well established and get good reviews anyway because I feel like they’re cleaner for some reason.

Post # 4
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

We went to one on our honeymoon, and it wasn’t bad at all! Not to overshare, but the bed wasn’t squeaky, so it’s not like they knew what was going on anyway :o). It felt more like a hotel room than someone’s home to me, but we were also on an addition instead of in the main house. 

Post # 6
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Fiance & I went to a B&B on our first weekend away, maaaaaany years ago.

It felt a little wierd when.. uh… you know. We didn’t know how thin the walls were.

But we were fine with it, it really wasn’t that much different than a hotel. It might be awkward if you’re loud…

I will say, the food was way better than a hotel.

Post # 8
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think it is fine. You told them it was your wedding night and they were excited about it, and I think they kind of expect people to “get good use” out of their room regardless of the reason they are staying there. I think it would be kind of fun.

ETA, I understand you are worried about people hearing you, but I have heard many a couple through walls at hotels. Be respectful, but don’t worry too much about it.

Post # 9
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I stayed at a fancy B&B once, and it was like a really nice hotel, not like staying in someone’s guest room. The owners lived in a totally separate wing of the house.

Post # 10
3375 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I think it’s adorable! Totally go for it!

Will the owners be okay with you coming in at midnight though?

Post # 12
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We stayed at a B&B on our wedding night and loved it. We had this great room, our own bathroom, and little kitchenette with goodies for snacks and breakfast.  They were nice and gave use a bottle of champagne too.  We are going back for our one year anniversary. We loved it!

Post # 13
591 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I love B&Bs! They just seem cozier and cleaner than hotels to me for some reason. I think we will probably be going the B&B route as well. Plus the food is SO good. I don’t think it feels like staying in someone else’s house, otherwise they wouldn’t be so successful! 🙂 You’ll have fun!

Post # 14
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

We stayed at a B&B on our wedding night with all of our family. Truth be told, after spending days running around on barely any sleep, we were too exhausted for any “festivities”. Three other friends who have also gotten married this year confirmend that we are not, in fact, weird. They all skipped the “festivities” on their wedding night in favor of catching up on much-needed sleep. No one tells you this, but being a bride is exhausting.

Post # 15
1489 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think that is a great idea… Go for it

Post # 16
1275 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Darling Husband and I stayed at a B&B on our wedding night although it was a self-contained cottage.  We originally booked it because all the accommodation in our town was booked up due to another event ebing held.

We really enjoyed having a whole house to wander around in and wind down after our reception, so I say go for it!

The topic ‘Bed & Breakfast on Wedding Night; WEIRD???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors