(Closed) Bed Tanning Tips & Timeline

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Start off with a really low tan time. Maybe five minutes, at most, each session. Id give yourself a couple of months before you go.

Post # 5
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am super pale with freckles.  I don’t tan often, but I did it for my high school graduation, for a vacation a few years later, and now I will do it again for my wedding.

I start out REALLY slow, they make me start out with 2 minute sessions.  Don’t get a lotion that will accelerate your tan too much. 

I slowly build up from 2 minutes to more time.  I remember that each time, I go a few times a week and it takes me about 3 months to get a decent tan.

Post # 7
85 posts
Worker bee

Some tan salons only charge by a number of tans you could try that to start with since you wont be going every day.

Post # 8
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would only go for maybe 2-3 minutes… maybe 2ce a week? Do that for about two weeks… then you can slowly increase based on how your skin is doing. I know what you mean, I’m not into tanning either. I am olive skinned… but if my tan fades before my October wedding I’m definitely hitting the tanning bed for a few sessions!

Post # 9
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am fair skinned & used to tan in high school. If you’re not going to wear undergarments in the bed, I recommend SPF 15 on your chest and butt- I always burned badly in those areas & it was very uncomfortable. Even when the rest of my body tanned, those areas burned.

Post # 11
1488 posts
Bumble bee

My wedding is in June and I began tanning two weeks ago because I want to prep for the shower, bach parties, etc. So, about 3 months before my big day.

I started out going 3 minutes for the first week to make sure I didn’t burn and I am up to 6 mins now which is working great. I would definitely suggest buying a good bronzer…it helps you get dark super fast and you don’t have to go as much.

Right now I go maybe twice a week but I will probably up it before the wedding.

The topic ‘Bed Tanning Tips & Timeline’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors