(Closed) Bees with 100-200 guests, What was your Rentals Budget vs Actual?

posted 5 years ago in Money
  • poll: What did you spend on Rentals?
    Less than I had planned! : (0 votes)
    Just about right on budget/what I expected : (1 votes)
    50 %
    A Little over budg : (0 votes)
    A Lot over budg : (1 votes)
    50 %
    More than double what I planned, but it was worth it : (0 votes)
    More than double what I planned, and I regret it : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    16196 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

We had a larger wedding but didn’t have rentals (everything came included in the reception package), however I just wanted to wish you luck bump this up for you so other bees can weigh in! Good luck!

Post # 5
    246 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I haven’t had my wedding yet, but our rentals are definitely going to be a lot more than what I expected.  Our venue comes fully supplied so I didn’t think I’d have to rent anything.  But, now I’m realizing how much I hate the chairs and the linens and the venue doesn’t have enough bar tables.  I’m negotiating with a few rental companies now, but I don’t know if I’ll be successful yet!

Good luck!

Post # 6
    192 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013 - ceremony at a gazebo outside, reception at neighboring restaurant on a lake

We had our reception at a restaurant on a lake that had a beautiful interior with stone pillars and french doors.  We went with their white table cloths and linens (even though the colors were soft pink and ivory) because white is close enough (it would’ve cost money to get something other than white that they already had).  No chargers.  Just had the regular chairs they had which were two different kinds since they seemingly didn’t have enough chairs for the number of people we had.  So we didn’t rent anything for the reception – just paid for food.  Sister in laws made cake and did decorations/centerpieces.  I made all the flowers myself out of paper.  So our cake/decorations/flowers cost a total of about $70.

For the ceremony we rented 110 of the cheapest chairs we could find which was 1.50 a piece.

I don’t regret it at all because it was beautiful!!  And most people don’t notice all the small things like what kind of chair they are sitting in.  If it is comfortable then it is fine.  You won’t even have time to enjoy your chairs/chargers/etc because every two steps you take to even try to look at something, someone will stop you to hug you and talk to you!  Drop everything from your list of rental stuff that you possibly can and just enjoy the people the day of.  We set our budget super low and stuck to it and don’t regret it at all!!! 

The topic ‘Bees with 100-200 guests, What was your Rentals Budget vs Actual?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors