Post # 1
Hey, I went dress shopping today and have picked out my favourite 6 dresses, so now i need some honest opinions please!
Please be honest – I really appreciate your opinions as I am finding this whole dress shopping thing really hard!!
Post # 3
I like dress 6 a lot, but it feels a little prom-ish for my tastes. I’d go with dress 1.
Post # 4
I like dress 4 the best, as far as shape on you, but the top isn’t flattering at all (the lace part above the lining). Other than that, I like the first one, too. If you could get the fourth one minus the lace bolero part, that would be ideal.
Post # 5
I agree with abbylyn. That silhouette is super flattering on you!
Post # 6
I like the lace dresses best. I actually think the lace “bolero” top looks stunning on you and very unique! It caught my eye the most.
That one and the off the shoulder one balance out your figure nicely. I also like the one with the flowered belt. 3. 4 and 5 for me.
Post # 7
I like 4 minus the cap sleeves
Post # 8
I like 3 because of the sweetheart and the vertical lines of lace are very unique, I haven’t seen that on other dresses, plus it is very flattering.I agree with @DeeVine1217, Number 4 would be my second choice because the fit on you is very flattering, but no cap sleeves.
Post # 9
I voted for Dress 4, but I actually love both 3 and 4 on you. 🙂
Post # 10
I like dress 1 and 5 the best! I like 1 slightly more so I voted for # 1
Post # 11
You have such a nice figure and I don’t think these dresses do it justice. I’d keep looking- I love the look of lace on you!
Post # 12
@rambini: It’s all about dress 4 but remove the lace at the top.
Post # 13
i love 4 and 5, beautiful dresses and they flatter u
Post # 14
I like dress 4 but I do think you should keep looking
Post # 15
Dress 1 or keep looking, perhaps try on other shapes, not just fit and flare. I like the a line on you
Post # 16
I said to keep looking. A dress (actually, dresses) that flatters you more than these is still out there, although I don’t think you’re completely off track.
My number one tip: posture. I think most of us get thrown off by poor posture when judging whether a dress looks good on a Bee. So, the next time you go dress shopping: shoulders back, chin up, and tummy tight! Ok, so back to the dresses…
- beauiful dress; it is actually intended to have a pretty flattering shape to it (the swept ruching across the bodice and the skirt would flatter most figures), but that overall shape of the dress is doing little to enhance your figure; the sweetheart makes your boobs look great, but that’s about it: your waist and hips are almost completely lost in this dress
- this one is better for your bottom half (gives more definition/shape), but worse for your top half (where did your boobs go? and why is it so boxy?); also, the lace pattern looks like a tablecloth
- love the lace embroidery on this dress (except for the bust detailing); still gives your figure little definition/shape (tip: if the consultant has to throw on a sash to make the dress “define” your waist, move to the next one)
- WAY too boxy (as in, all I can see is boning but not in a good way); I like the flared skirt, but only because I’m partial to this shape; the shape of your body gets lost in this dress and so we’re not actually seeing your curves on display, we’re seeing the “curves” the boning is giving the dress…no bueno; also, that bolero is very overwhelming on you and only highlights your posture (I would suggest one where more of your neck/chest area is exposed OR one that covers all of your chest–not this in-between style)
- bottom half: lovely, and we get to see what you look like!; top half: NO, the empire waistline only makes your torso look shorter and wide (when it’s clearly not), and it gives you no waist definition (and I can clearly see where your natural waist dips in a couple of inches below the empire)
- love this shape on you (you have boobs! and a slim lovely waist!), do NOT like this dress (I agree with PP who said it looks to promish–junior prom, that is)
Summary (what I think you should look for based on these dress, BUT don’t be afraid of different styles/silhouettes and try your consultant’s suggestions/recommendations):
- NO empire (somehow shaves off 3-5″ on your torso/height)
- try on more natural waist silhouettes (what dress 1, 2, & 6 get right)
- try more straight necklines (this seems to suit you, plus you can always alter it to a sweetheat later if you want)
- try more close-fitting silhouettes (sheaths and the various fit-and-flare styles)
- try more A-line styles (w/natural waists)
- go for dresses that have less bulk around your top half
- love lace on you but don’t be afraid of other fabrics/weaves