(Closed) Beer & Wine vs. Full Bar?

posted 7 years ago in Food
Post # 3
4150 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t drink wine or beer, usually I’ll have a caeser (Canada’s bloody mary equivilent) or a cooler, so I wouldn’t have any alcohol to drink.  Could you add in one other option?

Post # 4
2320 posts
Buzzing bee

I don’t drink beer or wine… but I also don’t go to a wedding to drink! so no, it wouldn’t bother me as long as the punch or whatever non alcoholic beverage you are serving is good!

Post # 5
2822 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Nope, I love wine and would be happy with a cold glass of wine. 🙂

Post # 6
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Try adding a specialty drink/cocktail into the mix… Not many people are beer nor wine drinkers.

Post # 7
Hostess
11168 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Nope, as the PP mentioned I don’t go to a wedding to drink. We are only having beer and wine due to costs, if the guests want to drink they can do it after.

Post # 9
4150 posts
Honey bee

@[email protected]: Well since that’s the case, I wouldn’t change the venue because of it.  I would be fine having a soft drink.  I just thought you were trying to decide if you should add more variety!

Post # 10
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Having a full bar is kinda iffy also…. some people can’t handle liquor and it would be annoying if you had some people drunk off their mind.. Especially on your special day!

Post # 11
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Nope. I plan on serving beer, wine and nonalcoholic drinks ofcourse. It works for our budget and I”ve asked several people and they’re fine with it. It gets expensive with full bars and $5 more pp can equal at least $500+ in extra catering cost for 100 guests. I’d rather put that in something else wedding related.

Post # 12
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I wouldn’t mind. That is what we did at our wedding and there were no complaints 🙂

Post # 13
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Unless the place we go to has a bar already, beer and wine is all we will have. Both my fiancee and I have friends AND family, who, when they drink hard liquor, get OUT OF CONTROL, so, if we can do without the hard liquor, we are going to. Weddings aren’t about getting “trashed,” but when hard liquor is involved, some people we know, just can’t control it..

Post # 14
4485 posts
Honey bee

I don;t drink beer or wine (and neither do many people I know), nor is that why I attend a wedding. As long as there are plenty of non-alcoholic options, I’d be happy to have that.

Your guests will drink whatever you have available and will not complain one bit. If they do complain, they are attending for the wrong reasons.

Post # 15
4804 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would drink wine without complaining!

Post # 16
4804 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Just another thought…would they let you do sangria?

The topic ‘Beer & Wine vs. Full Bar?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors