(Closed) Beer & Wine vs. Full Bar?

posted 10 years ago in Food
Post # 13
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Unless the place we go to has a bar already, beer and wine is all we will have. Both my fiancee and I have friends AND family, who, when they drink hard liquor, get OUT OF CONTROL, so, if we can do without the hard liquor, we are going to. Weddings aren’t about getting “trashed,” but when hard liquor is involved, some people we know, just can’t control it..

Post # 14
4485 posts
Honey bee

I don;t drink beer or wine (and neither do many people I know), nor is that why I attend a wedding. As long as there are plenty of non-alcoholic options, I’d be happy to have that.

Your guests will drink whatever you have available and will not complain one bit. If they do complain, they are attending for the wrong reasons.

Post # 15
4801 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would drink wine without complaining!

Post # 16
4801 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Just another thought…would they let you do sangria?

Post # 17
5089 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

We did beer, wine, champagne, and “pomosas” – champagne with pomegranate juice.  Everyone seemed to love it and no one complained.  If they cared, they kept it to themselves.

Post # 18
4332 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’d be fine! But some people really prefer “sweet” drinks over beer/wine, so maybe be sure that you have either a really sweet white wine (maybe a rose wine? or moscato?) or sangria would be perfect!

Post # 19
15464 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Nope, free alcohol is free alcohol.  I prefer mixed drinks, but I could be more than happy with wine.  I’m not a beer drinker.

Post # 20
2440 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m not a beer or wine drinker but I wouldn’t mind going to a wedding without alcohol.  My sister hosted a soft bar but there was also a full cash bar available.  We’re having an open bar but the difference was only 2.50 pp between a soft bar and full bar.

Post # 21
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think just beer and wine is fine.  That’s what we’re doing and most of our friends and family are pretty serious drinkers.  There’s lots of restaurants and even some bars whose licenses only allow them to serve that.  I think if it’s only beer or only wine you’d have some people who’d be mildly upset, but as long as there’s some variety you’re fine without the hard stuff.

Post # 22
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@[email protected]:

As a guest, I would be absolutely fine with whatever beverages the couple decided to offer–non alcoholic only, beer & wine, cocktails–all fine.

Maybe you could do something fun with glass bottle sodas?

Post # 23
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

After reading what you put, I think you would be disappointed. Imagine it is the day after your wedding…. will you regret not having a full open bar??? Sometimes things involved with our reception are “our” vision…. and what “we” want. Because like PPs said…. your guests will be happy with either one… but will you?? Good luck 😀

Post # 24
7429 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

We did beer and wine at ours, and it turned out fine

Post # 25
2135 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think that beer and alcohol is fine You are still offering people alcohol, they don’t need hard liquor. I think I will be doing this as well. Just do a good assortment of wines and beers.

Post # 26
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i wouldn’t mind.  i don’t drink much so i would probably just have one glass of wine and water or iced tea. 

we were only planning on doing beer and wine until we went to my brother’s wedding.  he had open bar with beer (kirin), 3 diff. wine options, patron, johnny walker, and hennesy.  just beer and wine would not work for my family.

The topic ‘Beer & Wine vs. Full Bar?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors