(Closed) Bees 30 and over… show me your rings!!! :)

posted 5 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What is the size of your center stone??? Diamond or moissanite???
    < 0.5 ct : (30 votes)
    4 %
    0.5 - 1 ct : (125 votes)
    18 %
    1 - 1.5 ct : (146 votes)
    21 %
    1.5 - 2 ct : (78 votes)
    11 %
    2 - 3 ct : (59 votes)
    8 %
    > 3 ct : (25 votes)
    4 %
    Diamond : (200 votes)
    28 %
    Moissanite : (44 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 211
    1580 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2017 - Ocean front

We got engaged Xmas 2015 and we’ll be 47 when we get married May 2017…. I never had any thoughts about what my ring should or would look like, I was just thrilled that he picked it out all on his own and it was a surprise!!

That is the band I’m looking at getting….

:+)

Post # 212
    25 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2009

Currently I am 30, but we were engaged when I was 23. At the time we selected a ring that was appropirate for where we were financially – it was beautiful, but we had discussed upgrading at some point in the future.

I’m really sentimental, and wasn’t sure that I wanted to trade-in (our jewler offered this). We looked at some options, and decided to have my diamond reset…just got the new setting a few weeks ago! It’s perfect. I am happy that I get to wear my original wedding band, and that I was able to keep the original diamond with which he proposed. I can now wear a set on my left hand that truly represents our past and our future.

Center diamond is just under 1 c (I’m not 100% sure of the exact carat weight or the clarity), and it is set in a cushion halo. I usually wear it with my wedding band, or stack with a diamond band I received about 5 years ago. 

IMG_6495

IMG_08201

Post # 214
    416 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

3.33 ct GIA XXXIn the car again...In a dim roomBored in the pharmacy..._2

Post # 215
    476 posts
    Helper bee

3ct black diamond 

Post # 216
    1255 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - victoria educational gardens

Here’s my upgraded set…Engaged at 29 married at 31. I was just starting over coming out of a bad relationship and he was just starting out in the US from another country. My original center stone was an Asha (CZ). I recently upgraded the center stone to a OEC moissy due to the Asha getting scratched up by my wedding band. I also plan on getting a diamond in the near future within the 1.4-1.5 range.

image20

Post # 217
    1017 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2008

I am 35 but u got engaged at 25 this is not my original Engagement Ring I got this recently as a “early ” 10 yr anniversary upgrade it is a. 1.03 center stone slightly elongated cushion cut with .67 ct in the halo and shank tcw 1.70 

Post # 218
    200 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

yet

Post # 219
    1 posts
    Wannabee

View original reply
    mandaluv1119 :  My girlfriend wants that exact ring where di you get yours?

Post # 220
    113 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2019 - City, State

46 years young

The topic ‘Bees 30 and over… show me your rings!!! :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors