(Closed) Bees Book Club: FEB2016 Discussion of An Ember in the Ashes

posted 4 years ago in Entertainment
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee

I’ll answer a few to start!

2. I think that Elias’ upbringing has a lot to do with how his views never fully align with the Masks.  He has a conscience that never was beaten out of him.

4. I, for one, never became used to the brutality.  It gutted me every time that the Commander would flippantly use it.  I was constantly anxio us for Laia when she would sneak out! While violence in general is uncalled for, the use of it in the book helps further develop the plot.  It shows how brain washed/learned it can be for those surrounded by it their whole life.  

5.  I’ve never seen or read Game of Thrones, but I have The Hunger Games.  The similarities I guess I can see is between the Career Districts and Masks.  Both are raised for one purpose it seems: to hurt or kill.  It is seen as an act of honor in their communities.  

6. The book’s title can come out of the observations of the Masks.  In a society hell bent on keeping order by torture, Elias is an ember in the ashes that was brave enough to stand against it and try to create change.  Laia is also one by how she’s willing to sacrifice herself for what’s right.  

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  oocathrynoo.

The topic ‘Bees Book Club: FEB2016 Discussion of An Ember in the Ashes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors