Post # 1
My boyfriend and I have talked about getting married, and he knows my ring size and what kind of rings I like. Tomorrow, we’re going to NYC for my birthday, and he is making a really huge deal out of it!
Bees, am I onto something? 🙂 Here are a few things that make me think he might be popping the question!
1. I was scheduled to work tomorrow, and I asked him if we could move my birthday celebration to the day after, but he insisted that he, “had something special planned on the specific day.”
2. I’m not too comfortable in the spotlight, so I actually tried to dissuade him from going to NYC and maybe doing something low-key and local instead. He flat-out refused and told me that it was, “important that we do something very nice.”
3. He is bringing a backpack for the NYC trip, which I thought was very odd. He said it’s to hold snacks, but I told him that: 1. why would we bring snacks when we have reservations to a nice restaurant there?, and 2. if he insisted on snacks, I could just hold them in my purse. He said, “No, I want snacks, and I don’t want you to carry anything. Let me be a gentleman and carry them.”
4. We went to hang out with his friends one night and when we walked into his friend’s apartment, his friend said, “Oh crap!” and threw a package back into his room. Boyfriend never said anything about it, but I saw him try to hide taking the package home. No, I haven’t snooped on his e-mail or his things, so I don’t know for sure what it is, but I know what I want it to be!
Post # 2
Darling Husband also carried a backpack with him to carry the e-ring on the trip where he proposed. It certainly does sound like this could be it, but at the same time, I wouldn’t get too anxious JUST IN CASE he doesn’t propose. Have fun on your trip!
Post # 3
My fiance carried a backpack too! We were walking the dog so I thought it was odd, but sounds like it’s possible! Just don’t expect anything and enjoy the night. You don’t want to ruin it if it doesn’t happen! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Post # 4
Sounds like a lot of good signs. Good luck and have fun!!!
Oh and make sure you get your nails done!
Post # 5
It certainly sounds like it! I wouldn’t grill him any more about his odd behavior though. You don’t want to ruin the surprise if he is proposing!
Post # 6
My Fiance carried a backpack our whole time in Hawaii. the ring box was quite big and he worried it might get stolen from our room.
i knew he was going to propose so I was SO excited and got annoyed how people kept saying not to get worked up. I couldn’t help it. I was on cloud nine!
So get your nails done if you have time! Wear something awesome and let us know how it goes!
He ended up proposing on night number 4 on top of a volcano 🙂
Post # 7
- Wedding: March 2016 - Surfer\'s Beach, Grand Cayman
It could be but just in case that’s not his plan don’t get too focused on it and be disappointed if he doesn’t. Maybe he wants to give you another gift, which he is carrying in the backpack? Anyway fingers crossed for you but it sounds like it will be amazing either way!
Post # 8
My fiance and I were together just over 7 years before he finally proposed. Anytime we did something even remotely nice, I thought “OMG he’s gonna propose!” somehow, he still got me completely by surprise!
Post # 9
sounds like it! good luck 🙂
Post # 10
- Wedding: April 2007 - City, State
greenbeanshoogar: it definitely sounds like he may be!!! If not, just enjoy the day. But, I’d be abut excited too. Good luck and keep us posted. I hope it happens!!
Post # 11
It certainly sounds like somethings up lol Before my Fiance proposed, we had planned a romantic ski weekend trip to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. On the drive there, I was trying to put in the address on the maps app on his phone and a text came up from his mom. I told him and said do you want me to answer her since you since you’re driving and he just snapped no and grabbed the phone right out of my hand… He’s never done that to me EVER, so I knew he was hiding something and I was already fishy about it possibly happening. He then later told me after he proposed that night that he was scared his mom had said something like “Good luck, tonight” and I didn’t want to risk me seeing anything haha
Its hard not to be excited when your thinking it might happen, but try not to expect it incase it doesn’t. Just enjoy your time with him and if he does finally get down on one knee that that’s just the cherry ontop of your trip. I’m crossing my fingers for you!!
Post # 12
It certainly seems like it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
My Fiance did the same thing! A message from his mom popped up, but he wouldn’t let me see it! That’s when I knew something was going to happen on that trip!
Post # 13
Yep sounds like something is definitely up. Let us know!!!
Post # 14
LOL at the backpack thing! My SO carries his backpack to so many places that don’t make sense to me, so that wouldn’t even make me suspicous.
But it sounds promising, and if it doesn’t happen, it sounds like a very nice birthday anyway!
Post # 15
- Wedding: April 2007 - City, State
greenbeanshoogar: update??? Did he ask??