(Closed) Bees getting married in 2013…When or how long after wedding are you TTC?

posted 6 years ago in January 2013
Post # 3
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We’re getting married April 2013, and will probably wait 1 1/2-2 years to start trying. I’ll be 28 when we get married, and I would like to have my first around the time I’m 30. We’re in no rush.

My only fear is it’ll take us years to get pregnant.. you never really know til you start trying. It could happen on the first shot, or take several years. I really hope that’s not the case. No one in my family has a history of difficulties getting pregnant, so hopefully I’ll be ok!

Post # 4
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Neither of us has had our biological clocks start ticking… so at the moment I’m hoping never LoL.  After we’re married I’ll have about 8 years to decide before it’s “too late” anyway 🙂

Post # 5
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

We agreed to be married for a year and then discuss it.  It will depend on where we’re at and what we’re doing because I am in the process of establishing the bulk of my career and considering a big move in the next 2-3 years.  We would prefer to be settled and have me complete at least a year in my big girl job before TTC.  We still want to travel to the UK and Europe before having a child as well; right now it looks like that will be our honeymoon.

I am currently 28 and I will turn 30 shortly after our wedding at the end of next year.  My mom had my sister when she was 40 so we figure we don’t really need to worry about TTC unless we haven’t started by the time that I’m 35.

Post # 6
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We plan to wait around 1-2 years after getting married. We want 2 kids (3 if it happens!), and I want to have them all by 35. I’ll be getting married when I’m 28 soooooooo I guess 29 or 30..probably 30 though…Still trying to grasp becoming a wife , not ready to be a mommy just yet! lol

Post # 7
295 posts
Helper bee

WD: 3/2/12

Not planning in any way to TTC anytime soon.

Post # 8
391 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I won’t be trying… I have no desire.

Post # 9
1030 posts
Bumble bee

originally i wanted to start TTC straight after the wedding, but he’s still quite young (I’m 25, he’s 24) and was worried he’d ‘miss out on life’.

so we came up with a compromise – put it on hold for a year, and in that year save up for a 2 month long road trip across the USA (we’re from England).

i’m SO EXCITED about such a huge trip that we couldn’t experience with kids that i’m 150% happy with our decision.

Post # 10
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

We are getting married at the end of Jan 2013 and we will try from March to May until Fiance goes on deployment. Hopefully we will get lucky and baby will be born right when he returns. I definately have baby on the brain!!!

Post # 11
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We’re planning on waiting 2-3 years.

Post # 12
3296 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

We’re going to wait about 3 years as well. I’m just starting my career and pregnancy/mat leave doesn’t fit into the equation.

Post # 13
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2013

2-3 years…we desire to be debt free before babies!

Post # 14
1543 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

2 years – i plan to start TTC after our 2 year anniversary.

Post # 15
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

On our honeymoon (we’re both 34 without children).

Post # 16
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We will be 26 and 27 when we get married. I think around 30, but I cannot imagine wanting to try for kids 4.5 years for now…. We will see?

The topic ‘Bees getting married in 2013…When or how long after wedding are you TTC?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors