(Closed) Bees in their Twenties – How long did you date before getting engaged? (POLL)

posted 5 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: How long did you date before getting engaged?
    Under a year : (32 votes)
    9 %
    1-2 years : (82 votes)
    22 %
    2-3 years : (63 votes)
    17 %
    3-4 years : (63 votes)
    17 %
    4 years + : (135 votes)
    36 %
  • Post # 16
    236 posts
    Helper bee

We started dating in college at 18 and got engaged almost 6 years later. On the other hand FI’s 21 year old sister just got engaged to her 24 year old SO after 5 months together and my 28 year old brother has been with his 25 year old SO for 2 years and they’re not engaged yet. 

Post # 17
    5362 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2016

We were 17 when we started dated and 22 when we got engaged. Our wedding is 3 weeks after I turn 24 and 2 months before he turns 24. We moved in together when we were 19 and are now in the process of building our first home. We’ve been through a lot as individuals and a couple that forced us to grow up when we were still pretty young. I know our situation is pretty unusual, especially for people our age, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

Post # 18
    198 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2017 - Northern Territory, Australia

I was 18 and he was 17 when we met and started dating. It was 4 years before he proposed and will have been another 3 by the time we get married in 2017 at aged 24 and 25 (me). 

Post # 19
    584 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2017

We dated for 10.5 years! But we were 24/25 when we got engaged so it was more of an age thing than the amount of time. 

Post # 20
    928 posts
    Busy bee

We were engaged 9 months to the day of our first date. I was 22 he was 28. We got married 10 months after our engagement.

Post # 21
    9079 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

7 months. We were engaged in October, married in December.

Post # 22
    556 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

We started dating when I was 22 and she was 26, and got engaged just (like two weeks) over a year later. We’ve had a long engagement and will be 25 and 29 when we get married.

Marriage wasn’t really on my radar before she brought it up so I’m not sure if I would have gotten impatient at a particular point. I knew I wanted to be with her forever very early in the relationship, but didn’t particularly care then about formalizing it through marriage. It’s become more important to me with time, largely because it’s so important to her… I don’t think it would have been a dealbreaker for me, though.

Post # 23
    176 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

Started dating at 17, engaged at 19, married at 21. We had been together 22 months when we got engaged and were engaged for 26 months before we got married. 

Post # 24
    4240 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

I was 25 and he was 27 when we first started dating.  I was 26 and he was 28 when we got engaged.  I was 27 and he was 29 when we got married.  We have been together a total of 2 years and a month at this point, but we also both knew what we were looking for when we first started dating so there was never really a question of where our relationship was headed.

Post # 25
    500 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

2 years exactly. We knew each other for just about 2 years before that. We’re 24 and 28 and just got engaged in the 5th of this month 🙂

I felt awkward joining the waiting list but I did and promptly got engaged! You can have an honest conversation with your SO, no harm as long as you go in open minded of he’s not ready.

Post # 26
    29 posts
    Newbee

Together for 7 years at time of engagement. Married 14 months later. Both of us will be 25.

Post # 27
    3310 posts
    Sugar bee

I was 24 and he was 26 when we met

We got engaged after 4.5years. I was 29, he was 30.

Post # 28
    486 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

Started dating at 19 and got engaged a few months ago after 8 years at 27.  I was the hold out not him though.  About six months ago I said I wanted to get married after an extremely annoying attempt at trying to call the DMV for him. The next day he started saving ;).  Make sure marriage is something he wants but other than that it’ll happen when it happens and will be wonderful. 

Post # 29
    1600 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    carolynne:  Started dating when I was 22 and he was 26 and we are now 28 and 32. He proposed on our 5th anniversary so 5 years. I didn’t really have a limit on time, I was just happy being in the relationship and let it take its course.

Post # 30
    5 posts
    Newbee

I am not yet engaged, but we have recently started talking about it. We have been together 4 years in February. I am 23 so I haven’t been in a huge rush to get engaged. We are going to start looking for rings soon though!

Like I said I haven’t been in much of a rush, but I’m getting excited now that we have been talking about it. I don’t have a time limit of when I want to be engaged, but if I was a bit older 4 years probably would be my limit. Since I’m younger still I don’t really care.

The topic ‘Bees in their Twenties – How long did you date before getting engaged? (POLL)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors