(Closed) Bees, tell me how you’ve saved money so far & share your money-saving tips!

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
1697 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We estimate we are having a $40K wedding and are under $25k still. 

COUPONS baby! 

Craigslist!

Haggling! Our venue is $12K just for the ROOM and Fiance haggled down to $3K!! 

Shop shop shopping! 

My friend is doing videography for $700 all day coverage! And we got our engagement session free by winning a contest!

Clearance bins! We got all our invites, thank you cards, response cards, programs, place cards for….wait for it…$34!!

Post # 4
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I think i’m still under $5,000. My only splurges were the dress and the cake.

– Having our wedding on the VT campus ($50 for our ceremony site, $50-$400 for the reception site, depending on which one I end up with)

– My fiance works at a restaurant, so our catering will be done at cost (!)

– Photography is being provided at a low cost ($100-$200) by a friend, I have several other friends that do amateur work that will also be bringing cameras.

– Reception tables/chairs are provided by the university for a very low price (I didn’t write down the specific price, but it was cents for chairs and under $10 per table)

– Music is being provided for free by a friend that DJs and produces music.

– I have graphic design experience so I have designed all stationary so far, and used online printing services ($20 for 50 save the dates!)

– A LOT of DIY work on decor, wherever I can DIY something, I am.

– My best friend (and MOH) is getting married 2 weeks before me, so we are using that to both of our advantage when possible.

– Going artificial (afloral.com) with the flowers, don’t want to be all puffy eyed from allergies on the big day!

Those are all the major savings that I can think of right off. All in all I am just extremely thankful that we have such a diverse, talented group of friends that have come together to help us pull everything off within a reasonable budget.

EDIT: almost forgot, a friend is being ordained to marry a set of his friends, and will be performing our ceremony for free.

Post # 5
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Plain and simple, I am DIY-ing EVERYTHING I CAN! I love it! I looked at eight simple things (save the dates, slideshow, etc) and compared how much it cost me to make it versus somewhere else…the savings was phenominal! Over $1,000! 🙂

The topic ‘Bees, tell me how you’ve saved money so far & share your money-saving tips!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors