Post # 1
I’ve been so focused at getting invites out the door (just need to wax stamp them, seal and figure out postage!) that I don’t have a ‘next’ project in line…. so, curious what you guys are working on this weekend – I need inspiration! (and motivation to keep at it!)
Post # 4
Flower girl dresses, working on our vows, and deciding which cake design we want.
Post # 5
Sadly (wonderfully???), I am doing nothing wedding-related this weekend. FH and I are going out of town to visit friends who just got engaged, so maybe I will just help her get on track…
It feels soooooo good to have nothing on wedding agenda for the weekend, but also makes me nervous because we have so much left to do!
Post # 6
– Making our cake decoration
– Designing our guest cards (hopefully printing and cutting them as well)
– Finish adding labels to my favor boxes
– Creating tags for candy buffet jars & signage for table
– Adding floral wire the the pears I found and spray painted gold last weekend and possibly beading some of them. OMG I just love them – it’s so silly but I really wanted to use gold pears I’m happy I found them.
Post # 7
- Wedding: October 2010 - Rancho San Carlos
invites. invites. wine. less perfect invites.
Post # 8
Just got my invitations out last week for my October 2nd wedding. Next on my list is:
-getting our wedding bands
– bridesmaid gifts (Blurb books, personalized wine glasses, recovery kits)
– table numbers
– slide show
– picking/asking MC, readers, singer for the wedding etc
-booking a florist
Post # 9
57 days to go
getting our marriage license & getting our invites out. other odds and ends.
Post # 10
Nothing! I am 100% done besides place cards which someone else is doing for me! All that is left is getting deliveries and paying bills.
Oh and Hi date twin!
Post # 11
@Ms. Judder: Oh god……..looking at this list is making me panic….
I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO!!!!!!!!
Post # 12
@husky: Oooh I like your style. That’s how mine got done.
@Schatzie821: I suppose we should hate you for having everything done but since your date is sooner we’ll let it slide 🙂
Post # 13
Schedule for out of towners
Post # 14
On Saturday: Hair trial, first dress fitting, party at my boss’s house (totally wedding-related, as it’s important to see how my coworkers, who we invited, act during social situations!)
Sunday: Makeup trial, pick up additional flavors for cake tasting #2 (I already know I love her cakes, but I just want to try more!), go to Ikea to pick up frames for our table numbers
Free time: Cram tissue paper flowers into styrofoam to finish our pomanders, force fiance to finish the layout for our programs (he’s way more of a font snob than I am), continue writing thank you notes, keep RSVP list up-to-date, encourage my bridesman to go look at suits, figure out Out of Town bag budget and maybe put some sort of “Thanks for coming!” stamp on the bags (which arrived yesterday), pray that clutches (ordered from an Etsy vendor who apparently lives on Jupiter) for bridesmaids arrive in time (seriously – it could take longer than three weeks – are they being delivered via carrier pigeon?!)
I’m tired just looking at all of that. Now I need a nap.
Post # 15
Wine has been my co-planner, DIY partner, confidant, etc. throughout this whole process!
This weekend I am:
– Going away to visit my family by myself. I think FH and I need a weekend apart, so I can be wedding-wacko on my own and he can have some me/guy time.
-Make table numbers: I am attempting something creative I saw in a MS Weddings mag last year: I bought Pellegrino bottles at Costco and I am covering the labels with some type of fabric or decorative paper. I then plan to hang wooden numbers from the neck of the bottle with ribbon or twine. My stepmom is crafty, so I am going to enlist her help.
– Go to the liquior store to figure out/get an estimate on how much the booze will be. We are saving a lot by doing it this way, and the store buys unused bottles back and delivers/picks-up.
-Trying to figure out candy bar: what candy we will use and then labels. I sort of wish I never decided to do this, but I have so many jars I have been collecting, and have the bags already.
-Buying lotto tickets.
Post # 16
Programs!! my mom is coming over on Sunday to help me with programs!
Begin creating the seating chart and think about escort cards (if I want to DIY or if I want to have the venue print them out!)
That’s it. I really don’t have much else to do! I can’t do our welcome bags until I’m down in Georgia the week of our wedding.