(Closed) Bees with 250+ wedding guests…what were you favors?

posted 7 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

how good are you in the kitchen?  You could buy a chocolate mold and make chocolates yourself.  Then you would just have to buy bags or boxes for them.

Post # 4
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

We are doing a candy buffet and I am making my homemade strawberry jam and putting it into mini mason jars for each family (not each person).

Post # 5
Bee
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

For our at home reception in June its looking like over 200 people so we are doing DIY coffee and tea favors in cute little bags. We can get both very cheap in bulk.

Post # 6
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We’re inviting around 350 people. We haven’t bought ours yet but we’re doing mini wine bottles with personalized labels that I’ll be making. Since we haven’t bought them, I’m not sure how much they are. I’ve searched around the internet and it seems like local liquor stores offer the best prices starting around $1.50 per bottle but I also found this website: http://www.valencialiquor.com/index.htm

This posting also helped me: http://www.nycityweddings.com/chat/topic-250282-1.html

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We’re expecting around 400 guests and plan to make miniature Derby pies.  I’m from Kentucky and we have an old family recipe for these pies.  I actually bought jewelry boxes that are a little more sturdy than the average cake box to put them in.  We bought pre-made miniature pie crusts and I plan to make the pies the Monday before the wedding and just keep them refrigerated until Saturday.  They could actually be freezed if we wanted to bake them further in advance but I’ll have the time in the preceeding week. 

So if you or your fi have a favorite pie recipe it’s something that can be done fairly inexpensively! 🙂  Other ideas are things like cake pops, bourbon balls, cake balls – all things that can be made in advance and frozen!

Post # 9
286 posts
Helper bee

We are having about 240 people and I was already stuck on having a candy buffet, so we are just turning that into the favor – we ordered chinese favor boxes (250 for $20) and I will put labels and ribbon on each one directing the guests to the candy buffet and thanking them for coming (the boxes will be at each persons place setting).  I realize that the candy can add upwards to $300, but I figure that is only a little over $1 per person.

Post # 10
413 posts
Helper bee

We’re having music cd’s which include music from the wedding as well as the couple’s favorite song’s. The label is personalized with the wedding theme & names & date.  We got everything on sale and are just still burning all these cd’s.

@coleerenee: where did you get your chinese favor boxes for that price?  i can’t seem to find them that are that cheap! 

Post # 11
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

We’re talking about making a charitable donation (and actually making it).  We’ve talked about either the shelter we adopted our cat from, or maybe to an English language library a man I know is trying to create for the kids of his tiny rural village in India, or maybe somewhere else.

Post # 12
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We bought cute favour boxes and are sticking two Lindt Lindor chocolates inside. I expect it to be about $.75 a person.

Post # 13
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

We made a donation in honor of our 315 invited guests.  Many people commented really liked that and we could decide how much we were comfortable giving (amount per person, certain % of gifts, etc.)

Post # 14
4824 posts
Honey bee

@hermitcrab: I was going to suggest this.

Is there a charity (or several) that your guests could relate to? Has anyone battled a cancer or other illness? Suffered from a disapbility? Veteran etc? Animal lover?  You could donate to a few to cover most people.

Post # 15
286 posts
Helper bee

@MasqueradeMom:  I ordered them from PaperMart.com  …..I ordered the 1/2 pint size so they were $4.73 for a package of 50….I just looked up my receipt and it was $23.65 for 250 (5 packages), so I was a little off, but I still think it was a great deal!  I think I got a deal on the shipping too, but I can’t remember. They have fancier boxes – colored, clear, etc., but I just ordered the plain whites and am working on decorating them with ribbon & labels!  Here is the link:

http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=16206&SubGroupID=16207&ParentGroupID=18991#16207

Post # 16
711 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I love the Derby pies idea, so cute!

The topic ‘Bees with 250+ wedding guests…what were you favors?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors