Post # 16
Read this list and had a. . .I’m a May 2014 bride with stuff still to do!! You guys rock. Organised as anything. I am still fussing over food and transport. I’m a wing it kinda gal and my Fiance is leaving everything to me. I think I am going to make my bouquet from artificial flowers. I really think I will be shoving it together the night before!
Post # 17
It’s been about a month, and I’m procrastinating on doing real work so here’s an update.
- Rehersal dinner venue chosen
- Snag hit with Room Blocks — the hotel we wanted the majority of our 70 rooms at has two conferences the week/weekend of our wedding and will not be accepting room blocks. Womp.
Post # 18
Wow! You Bees are on top of it! We have had our venue/caterer booked since May 2013, but have not done much else, other than pay monthly on the bill.
- Venue/Caterer booked.
- Dress and accessories ordered.
- Bridal Party decided and asked.
- Bridesmaids dresses decided (not ordered).
- Photographer/Videographer decided (not booked).
- DJ booked.
- Live music booked.
- Flowers decided (DIY).
Post # 19
I feel like I am so far behind!
- Venue/Church Booked
- Photographer booked
- Almost all decorations decided on and bought
- Almost whole bridal party asked (FI is just casually asking everyone as he sees them)
- Appointment set to pick out Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
- Engagement photo appointment set
- STD’s picked out (we just need the photos from the engagement session)
- Guest list almost decided (just asked parents for their guest lists )
I feel like there is still so much left to do. We are on a strict budget of $12,000 and the venue ate up most of that budget (they are not cheap around here!) so it is hard trying to find other vendors that fit into the budget.
Post # 20
- Wedding: May 2015 - Aloft Hotel
Ya’ll…stop making me look bad.
I can’t for the life of me decide on a venue.
I have a list of caterers I want to do tastings with.
I have a photographer!
We’ve sorta finalized the bridal party?
Aaaand that’s about it. Planning a wedding afar is hard, yo.
Post # 21
- Wedding: May 2015 - Aloft Hotel
Oh! And I also have a lot on my pinterest…that counts as planning. right?!
Post # 22
check off: rings, venue, color schema, photographer, dj, bridal party, lodging for guests, reception and rehearsal
in progress: save the date, dress and tux, color swatch (bridesmaids are purchasing dresses of their choice in teal), accessories
figuring out: table settings, flowers and decorations, bridal website and formal invitations
Post # 23
I’ve been engaged for a month and all I have is my dress! I found an incredible deal: a second hand coutour gown for only $400US. I just got it in the mail and it is divine! Now I don’t care to do anything else. I mean really… does any of it matter if I’m going to be wearing my gorgeous dress? :/
Post # 24
- Venue, church,photographer/videographer, cake, band (tenatively booked no deposit still unsure), bridal party, flowers
- Dress/acessories, invites, guestbook, limo, favours (still unsure if I want to do them), bridesmaids dresses, groom, attire, groomsmen attire, random decor items, bridal party gifts , DJ/MC-maybe,, wedding bands
Jeez I thought I was pretty much done, guess not!! Lol
Post # 25
I feel like this almost every day now that it’s almost a year away. I was SO ahead of the curve and now I just think of everything that has to be done in the next year — and my pretty little checklist doesn’t look so accomplished.
Post # 26
hahaha it’s so daunting!…. I just realized I don’t have hair/makeup booked either lol
Post # 27
..I feel so far behind. I haven’t done anything yet other than have a photographer, and a person to make the cakes and favors. I know what exactly I have to purchase, but I’m just waiting until after our cruise (in April) to start.
Post # 28
umm oh my god, I am REALLY far behind compared to you guys…
We’re about to sign a contract for a venue. And we’ve inquired at one caterer. That’s IT. What in the world.
Post # 29
These lists are amazing. We got engaged a month ago and just got started!
– Decided our date (May 16th!!)
– Began trying to figure out our budget, but both parents are contributing and my mom has given us a minimum amount she will definitely contribute, more if she can, and his parents have said they will start depositing money into our wedding account, but don’t have any idea how much. Struggle city with the budget over here!
– Booked the church and the venue
– Started meeting with photographers (Hoping to make a decision soon!)
– Inquired at one caterer (Catering and bar will be next to book after the photog)
– Decided most of our bridal party (Six definites on each side, but there are 1-2 others we would like to ask but can’t decide if that will be way too big of a wedding party)
– Looked at wedding bands, but not made any decisions
– My mom already has a dress I can wear, but I haven’t decided if I want to look at new dresses or not
– Know that we will invite between 250-300 depending on how the budgeting turns out
Post # 30
May 8th bride o’er here! We’re getting married on a weekday because we’re getting hitched in Cayo Coco, Cuba! Since ours is a destination wedding, the resort takes care of a lot of things and we’ve been engaged since NYE 2011 so we’ve had some time to accomplish stuff. Haha.
- I have a wedding dress and veil
- We have a wedding party
- We booked and placed our deposits on our wedding group, saving 30 spots for 90 days which also secures our all-inclusive resort, books our wedding with a notary public and with the hotel wedding coordinator
- Got travel/trip insurance
- We have rings already
- Set up a wedding website with all the travel and booking info for our guests
- Made a pretty solid guest list and sent save the dates (just last week!)
And now we wait, lol.
May 16th is a wonderful date! It’s my birthday! LOL.